The Time of Judgement

This chapter is the continuation of the chapter 'Most awaited of Days'.

The Time of Judgment

"O man! Verily, you are returning towards your Lord with your deeds and actions (good or bad), a sure returning, so you will meet
(i e. the results of your deeds which you did.)" (Al-Inshiqaq 84:6)

In other words, every moment of a persons life, he or she is getting closer and closer to meeting his Lord and he will meet Him with all of his deeds. Nothing will be left hidden as a secret, whether the deed and action was in obedience to Allah or in disobedience to Him, resulting in sin. This verse also gives a warning to take care of ones time. Do not waste it and beware of your actions because it will either speak for you or against you.

Resurrected

When all forms of life are brought back to life, judgment will commence. Every creature that walked the earth, including animals, demons, and jinn, will be judged. All creatures will rise from the dead with a drooping head and a downcast gaze in fear and obedience of the Lord, each one marching toward his doom or bliss.

The Quran highlights the different treatment the righteous and the guilty will receive, which will begin from the moment of the Resurrection:
[Surat Maryam (Mary) 85-91]
The Day We shall gather the Muttaqun (pious) unto the Most Beneficent (Allah), like a delegate (presented before a king for honour).
And We shall drive the Mujrimun (polytheists, sinners, criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, etc.) to Hell, in a thirsty state (like a thirsty herd driven down to water),
None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from the Most Beneficent (Allah).
And they (disvelivers) say: "The Most Beneficent (Allah) has begotten a son (or offspring or children) [as the Jews say: 'Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah, and the Christians say that He has begotten a son ['Esa (Christ) ], and the pagan Arabs say that He has begotten daughters (angels, etc.)]."
Indeed you have brought forth (said) a terrible evil thing.
Whereby the heavens are almost torn, and the earth is split asunder, and the mountains fall in ruins,
That they ascribe a son (or offspring or children) to the Most Beneficent (Allah).

According to Prophet Muhammad pbuh, the Last Day will occur on a Friday. He said that Friday was the day that Adam was created, the day he entered Heaven, and the day he was cast out and sent to Earth. For these and other reasons, Friday is the sacred day of the week in Islam.

Believers

Those people who obeyed the commandments of their Lord and struggled against their own base, worldly desires, will be among the joyful.
" No doubt! Verily, the Auliya' of Allah [i.e. those who believe in the Oneness of Allah and fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which he has forbidden), and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)], no fear shall come upon them nor shall they grieve." (Yunus 10:62)

Their faces will be calm, glad for their righteous deeds and for their obedience to the Lord, All-Mighty.

Disbelievers

But those who acted upon their own worldly ambitions and lustful desires, will be full of grief and remorse. Their faces will be black with dust, with no nur (light) shining upon them. They will cry about the evil deeds they committed during their life on earth. They will repent and bite their fingers and wish they were sent back to amend and do good deeds, but no repentance or faith will be accepted after the sounding of the first blow of the Trumpet.

Distribution of the Books

Every person has a book in which all his or her deeds, good and bad, are recorded. On Judgment Day, these books will be distributed among the people like grade reports are distributed among school kids. According to the Quran some people will take their books by the right hand, and some will take them by the left hand. People will have no choice but to take hold of their books with the designated hand.