Maki x popular!reader

Start from the beginning

You moved to take a seat in front of the red head as a somewhat uncomfortable, tense silence sets itself amidst the two of you, making you more confused.

You stare at the girl in front of you as she continues to read. Now that you think about it, you realize that this is the first time you're alone with Maki.

You've heard a lot about her from Nico and Nozomi and other rumors you've occasionally heard, as well as the limited number of times you've actually talked to her.

You have been a little more curious about her, you admit, but now that you're right in front of your underclassman you begin to understand why she has her own following too.

Her amethyst eyes shift across the page, as your own (e/c) eyes continue to observe the tsundere, entranced by her soft, pale-looking skin, her plump lips, and the way her eyes shift between the pages and you. Is it just you, or is she prettier than you recall?

"...Um, why are you staring at me?"

"H-huh?" Startled, you realize that you've been staring for quite a while now, "Ah---, s-sorry."

You rub the back of your head and look away, attempting to explain yourself, "It's just, I don't think we've ever really talked at length or been alone together, and well," you glance at her from your peripheral vision, "I'm a little curious, I guess. About you."

Her face begins to match the color of her hair, "Wha--, o-of course you'd be curious about me. Who wouldn't be?" She huffs and turns her head away from you, arms cross, her book forgotten on the table. You begin to giggle, thinking about how her tsundere act is pretty adorable.

You both suddenly hear knocking at the club door and you stand, wondering who that could be.

The moment you open the door you immediately regret your decision.

"Oh my god you were right, (Y/n)-senpai is here!"

"Senpai!"

High pitched voices overlap each other as you sweat-drop and immediately close the door and lean your weight on it, body facing the confused and somewhat alarmed red head.

She raises an eyebrow at you, "Your fanclub?"

You can only nod your head as you start to think of ways to get out of here, or at least get them to leave.

Maki sighs, an annoyed, dare you say jealous?, look on her face as she approaches you. She then suddenly pushes you aside and opens the door.

"Maki-san?!"

"Maki's in there too?"

An angry Maki stares at them, nearly yelling, "Look, can you leave us alone?!"

A silence falls as a delayed response comes, causing you to realize that not only the the door wide open, but you're still suspiciously on the floor.

"Huh? Is it just the two of you in there? And why is (Y/n) on the floor?"

To your horror you see Maki's face turn red, confirming any suspicions and misreadings of the situation the crowd may have.

You then quickly move to shut the door, just as your fans start to get rowdy again.

You take and breath and see Maki still staring at the now closed door, face as red as her hair.