𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒.

Start from the beginning

Lydia paused, knowing that he was right. She did always want to fly. "But-but what if it didn't work?"

"Charles was sure it was going to work, so I believed him. You're welcome," Erik smiled cockily and then began to descend down the ladder and off of the satellite.

Lydia glared at his retreating figure. "I'm going to kill him one day."

"You might, but I don't think you will," Charles patted her shoulder. "You have too big of a heart."

↠↠↠

Charles and Erik met up with Lydia on a patch of lawn with several different sized objects in front of them.

"Hank and I did the research and we believe that there is so much more to your energy manipulating abilities," Charles told Lydia. "You can't only just fly or create magic, you can pick things up with it too and move items around. This ability is called telekinesis."

Lydia grinned. "I already know this. I helped clean up the base with this ability."

"Sure, but we're thinking that you could possibly pick up anything in the world, no matter the weight."

Lydia rose an eyebrow. "Anything in the world?"

Erik shrugged. "Maybe."

Charles gave him a look and then nodded. "Yes, you should, but we are going to start off with the basics." He stood to the side besides Erik, revealing a can of soda, a lawn mower and a car.

"So, if Erik annoys me again, I can just pick him up and fling him away?" Lydia asked Charles.

"In theory, yes, but you aren't going to do that," Charles said.

Lydia glared at Erik. "You never know."

"Well, um, before you, we have three objects. A soda can, a lawn mower, and a car," Charles looked back at her. "Focus all of you attention onto the object you want to pick up. Start off with the can. Guide it into Erik's hand."

Lydia held her hands out in front of her and watched as green magic wrapped itself around the can. She focussed all of her attention on making it go up and the can soon flew up into the sky and towards Erik, landing softly into his outstretched hand.

"Thank you." Erik opened up the can and took a sip.

"Now, the lawn mower."

Lydia changed her stance and then held her hands out. Her magic wrapped itself around the lawn mower, however, when she tried pulling it up off of the ground, Lydia found it much more difficult than the can. She took a deep breath, rid her mind of any thoughts other than to get the lawn mover to go up, and soon enough, the lawn mower rose into the air. Lydia directed it to the side and then dropped it onto the grass

"Wonderful!" Charles grinned. "Now onto the car."

Lydia gulped as she held her hands out in front of her, knowing she was going to struggle if she struggled with the lawn mower. Her magic wrapped itself around the car, but when she tried pulling it up, it was way too heavy and didn't even move an inch. Lydia let out a groan as she used all of her strength to try and get it to go up, to no avail. She then released her hands in defeat and the magic went away.

Charles sighed softly. "Lyds, stop concentrating on making the car move. Instead, use your emotions. Let that guide you instead. It'll make it easier to conquer than focusing solely on the object alone."