Chapter 13

**Solo's POV**

The bell had rung for home time. I quickly ran to my locker to put the books I didnt need into my locker. I closed my locker door and Jodie was standing right there. I jumped a bit because she caught me off guard.

"Hey Solo," Jodie twirled the ends of her hair. I just walked away.

"Solo wait up hun!" Jodie called. She skipped along side me and walked close.

"So... Solo I kinda need a favor. I'm struggling in math, and I kinda need a tutor so... Can you be my tutor? Since you're so... so smart," She stopped me and looked into my eyes.

"Get someone else from the top class... Kacie!" I saw her at the gates and I ran towards her.

"Hey baby," She kissed me lightly. I grabbed her hand and we walked home.

"I bumped into Jodie... She wants me to be her math tutor," I scrunched my face up at the thought.

"Did you say anything?" Kacie asked.

"I just said get someone else from the top class, then I ran away," I replied.

"Nice," Kacie laughed. We stopped at my house.

"Come in for a bit, have a snack," I said walking to my front door.

"Babe, I have a ton of homework to do," Kacie swung my hand back and forth.

"Do it here... I'll help you," I begged like a little kid. I gave her my best puppy dog eyes.

"Okay, but I'm only staying til 5pm," She told me.

"Kay," I kissed her forehead and opened the door. James was sitting on the bar stool talking to mum.

"I'm home!" I yelled.

"Hi hun, Kacie! How are you darling?" Mum gave her a hug.

"You don't mind me staying for a bit do you?" Kacie asked.

"It's truly no worries at all, you can come here anytime! Would you kids like a snack?"

"Crackers and dip would be nice," I gave my mum a kiss on the cheek.

"Do you want me to bring it up to your room?" Mum asked.

"Please and thank you!" I took Kacie upstairs and she got her homework out.

"What homework do you have to do?" I asked her.

"It's art homework. I have to draw something that I love, something that means a lot to me," Kacie got out her art book and her special drawing pencils.

"Can it be a person," I wrapped my arms around her.

"Maybe..." She smiled.

"Here's a... a crazy suggestion, why don't you draw me?!" I laughed.

"Haha, I'll draw you baby. Sit and just be normal," I told him.

"Room service!" Mum chirped from outside. I got our food and set it down. I grabbed a cracker and dip and put it in Kacies mouth.

She started to draw and I could tell she it was going to be a great drawing.

"Don't peek!" She laughed covering her work. I sighed and sat there for her. Everytime she looked over she smiled to herself.

"Done yet?" I asked shoving a cracker in my mouth.

"Nearly... but I'm gonna have to show you tomorrow!" She laughed. She signed her name at the bottom and closed her art book.

"But I wanna see now!" I stomped my feet on the floor. She laughed at me and sat on my lap.

"Tomorrow," She tapped my nose. She got up and packed her things.

"I better get going. See you later boo," She gave me a kiss goodbye. I walked her down to the front door and saw her off.

"Bring the plate down Solo," Mum told me. I went upstairs and got the plate we had our snack on. I washed it and put it in the dish rack.

---

**Kacie's POV**

It was pouring rain. Mum and I drove to Solo's house to see if he wanted a lift.

I knocked on the door and Solo appeared.

"Hey baby, what are you doing here?!" He kissed my forehead and gave me a hug.

"Do you want a ride?" He looked at the weather and said okay. He grabbed his bag off the couch.

"Mum! You only have to drive James! I'm going with Kacie!" He yelled.

"Alright! Bye Hun! Bye Kacie!" She called from the top of the staircase.

"Bye Chris!" I gave her a wave. Solo took the umbrella from me and held it over the two of us. He let me into the car first. He closed the umbrella and got in.

"Hi Maria! Appreciate the ride!" He said getting into the car.

"No worries sweetie!" We drove the few minutes it took to get to school. Solo being the cutie he was held the umbrella again for the two of us.

"I don't want a single drop getting on my baby girl," He smiled kissing my forehead. I had put my art book in a supre bag so it didn't get ruined. I clutched it tightly and we walked to the undercover area for Year 11.

"Hey guys!" I greeted our group. They were soaking wet!

"How come your not soaking?!" Paulie asked wringing out his jumper.

"Cause Solo didn't want a single drop on me," I smiled.

"What about us?!" Samson laughed.

"Am I dating any of you? I don't think so!" Solo laughed.

"Did you get your art stuff done John? Len?" I asked them.

"Yeah, did you?" They asked.

"Yeah... in fact I still need to show Solo!" I got my book out of the bag and opened it to the second page.

"Babe! That's amazing! You made me look so much better!" Solo laughed. He kissed me on the cheek.

"Woah, youre such a good artist! Do me next!" Eman laughed.

"I'll do all of you," I closed my book and put it back in the bag.

"Come on, let's make our way to class," I said as the bell rang. I headed off with the twins to art class.

"Can't wait to see your guys drawings!" I smiled as we sat down.

"Theyre no way as good as yours!" Len laughed. I reached into my supre bag and my art book was gone.

"OMG, my art book! It's gone!" I panicked. How could it have been gone?! I was so protective of it!

"Don't worry we'll find it, just tell Miss Relick that you've lost it and try find it in the corridors. We'll come with," John put his hand on my knee.

"Miss Relick! My art book has gone missing, can I go and check the corridors?" I asked.

"Take someone with you," She said.

"Can I take two?" I asked looking at the twins.

"Fine..." She didnt put up much of a fight. We took hall passes and went to look outside.

"I hope I can find it, I wanted to keep that picture of Solo!" I panicked. I retraced my steps.

"Wait guys hold on," Len ran further ahead.

"Len! What did you find?" He picked up something that was soaking wet. I looked at

it. It was my art book. It was wet, the pencil lines had run. I broke down. How could I let this happen?!

I knelt down with Solo's artwork in my hands.

"Wait... there's something red on the next page... did you do that?" Len sat down beside me. I shook my head as John turned the page.

"I told you bad things would happen..."