Chapter 2

''If you ever need anything, just ask me," I smiled at Kacie.

"Thanks," She replied. I left her at the office to fill in her paperwork. I missed out on 2 periods so I just sat in our spot until the recess bell rang.

"Hey Solo!" The twins came out of class first.

"How was showing that new kid around? Torture?" John laughed.

"Well I don't know about you but I think I'll be showing all the new kids around," I laughed.

"Why would you want to show around socially deprived weirdos around? Anyway... what's her name?" Len asked opening a packet of chips.

"Kacie, she's been homeschooled. It's her first public school, be nice," I warned them.

"Fine... Is she hot?" John asked with an eager face.

"Stunning, I call dibs, I saw her first," I laughed.

"Whatever, I've got Jodie," Len smiled. Jodie and Len got together in the 10th grade. They were the hottest couple in school. All the other boys came and sat down. I explained to them about Kacie.

"When do we get to meet this gorgeous girl?" Emmanuel asked.

"Now, she's coming this way,'' I pointed towards where the water fountain was and Kacie was walking this way. Her skin glowed a gorgeous bronze in the sunlight. She flipped her hair like she was in some commerical for hair products.

"Hey, Solo... uh, I need your help," She smiled at me. The boys were all gobsmacked.

"Sure what do you need?" I asked proudly.

"Well... Instead of going into class tomorrow, I'm starting today... And I was kinda wondering, you're kind of the only person I know, so... can i hang out with you until I can find myself some friends?" Kacie asked.

"Sure take a seat," I moved across so Kacie could fit on the bench we sat at.

"Kacie, I'd like you to meet, John and Len - the hottest twins around, Paulie - free food fanatic, Emmanuel - but just call him Eman, Samson - epic multichef and Lukas - animal lover," I introduced Kacie to the boys. She gave a small wave to each of them.

"Stick with us Kacie, we'll get you far in this school," Emmanuel flashed his cheesy smile. He tried to be cool and throw his trash into the nearest garbage can. He missed of course.

"Hey Eman, you've lost something..." Samson laughed.

"What?" Eman replied.

"YOUR DIGNITY!" We all burst out laughing. I could tell Kacie was trying so hard not to laugh but she ended up laughing with us anyway. The bell rang too soon.

"What do you have next?" John hopped up next to Kacie.

"Umm," She got her timetable out of her bag, "Science with Miss... Miss Barta," She looked up at  John.

"Hey! That's my class, here i'll take you there," John smiled.

"I called dibs," I whispered in his ear. He turned around at me and gave me a sad face before walking to class with Kacie.

I felt a little pang of jealousy seeing John walk so close to Kacie. I just shook it off and walked to class with Paulie.

"When are you gonna ask her out?" Paulie nudged my shoulder.

"Not now, it's too soon..." I looked back to see John and Kacie laughing together. I quickly turned back.

"You better do it soon, looks like Kacie's taken a liking for John..." Paulie looked back as well. I walked into class and got out my books. This was going to be one long period...