Chapter 31: The Race for the Scroll

Начните с самого начала

I sighed. "You do realize this occasion is not a happy one. It's basically one where everyone says goodbye to Lily and wishes her a happy life in the next life."

"Oh... I'm sorry." He said in a regretful tone.

"It's fine! Let's go!" I said in a cheerful tone, forcing a smile.

I took his hand and we made our way out of the Sun Dorms on our way to the other limo that was awaiting our arrival.

*Takamagahara, third person PoV*

Amaterasu walked through the gardens of the Heavenly Castle and was in thought. He looked at the flowers, enjoyed their sweet scent.

He looked at the large pink rose in the center of the garden which slowly began to wilt.

"Lily... I see you are holding on there. But very soon you will no longer be able to hold down this unbearable pain. That is the meaning of this beautiful pink rose wilting. I am looking forward to see what is to become of you both." He said calmly.

"How...how can you be calm when the lives of many living beings is at stake?"

"Because I have told you this. With destruction comes rebirth." Amaterasu stated in his usual calm tone.

"But what about that monster Yami?!" He said in a very fearful tone.

"He shouldn't be a hindrance..." It was the only words that he said.

He said nothing else. He stayed silent, simply looking at the pink rose that was slowly beginning to wilt, the petals slowly falling down.

*Lily's PoV*

Kaname and I eventually arrived to the Adachi residence and we were walking hand in hand to the entrance along with the crowd that were entering the place as well.

As we made our way to the mansion's ballroom, I noticed that everyone was looking at Kaname and I, but mostly me. It was like I was the center of attention since I was the only one in the room dressed in white. There was ballroom music playing.

Ugh, kill me. This feels so uncomfortable...

"Look it's Lily-sama... She looks so beautiful."

"It is too bad that she will soon meet her end."

"Yes. That man next to her is going to kill her with his own hands."

"But he is going to free her from her pain..."

Everyone was staring at us, and whispering within themselves.

However, I kept walking and holding my head up high. I hid my nervousness by simply grabbing Kaname's hand a bit tighter.

I looked up at Kaname and noticed that he seemed to be a bit angry. I could tell by his facial expression. This is angering him too...

"Lily!" I heard Seira's cheerful voice calling out to me.

I turned around and I saw Seira, Hanabusa, Daisuke, and Hiroki come up to us.

"Hey guys." I said with a smile.

"This is the most strangest ball that Grandfather has ever hosted. Like a goodbye ball? How dumb." Hiroki said.

"But I do remember attending one of these. We were young, and only at that time, Lily and I were born. Don't you remember Aunt Shino? Before she died, Grandfather also hosted a goodbye ball for her as well."