Chapter 13 : Dramatic Climax : The Legend, Incarnate

Vegeta awoke from a short, yet very deep sleep. He spent the last half of his voyage that way, the first half comprised of 100% pure training. His body was hating him wickedly, a rather alien feeling to his young and still fragile body. The young prince acquired his location via audible inquiry to the ship's computer. Vegeta tensed at the answer he received. He stood up, rubbed his eyes and tried popping his ears before repeating the question. When he got the same answer, he immediately commanded the ship be stopped dead in it's tracks.

Vegeta reached under his pillow, feeling for the last half of the sensu bean that he had. His features showed disgust mixed with fear when his fingers felt nothing but granules inside his pillow case. He felt his qi starting to rise, but the ever aware prince knew better than to let his anger get the best of him now, of all times.

In four seconds he had removed the pillow, dumped the pillow case onto his bed, audibly initiated a vector sweep (which is basically long ranged space radar), changed his armor, and swiped the remaining senzu bean crumbs into his palm. In another two seconds, Vegeta had swallowed the crumbs with a medium sized glass of water. Before the senzu beans had time to kick in, the prince had himself a plate of, whatever the fuck that was. The beans hit him while he was halfway done devouring his meal and almost simultaneous with that, the computer confirmed what he didn't want to believe but had already convinced himself of.

Indeed, Frieza's ship was orbiting his planet. Vegeta was ecstatic that he made it in time, despite Frieza's whereabouts. With that huge weight of despair and suspense off of his chest, prince Vegeta was relaxed in just moments thanks to the beautiful sight of home. He suddenly felt a solid steel resolve overtake him in his entirety. He gently commanded the route, as well as angle and degree of entry, to the computer while he went over the plan once more in his head. Nobody in the universe could have been prepared for what awaited him, however...

Well aware of frieza's reason for being present, the young prince targeted the most populated area for his landing, so as not to be suspicious. Fortunately for him, his ship was a complete mystery to everyone who took notice since it was his first time landing at home with it. Vegeta was astonished when he was able to exit his ship without being noticed. It was only when he capsulized it that he was spotted by his fellow saiyans.

He was expecting a warm welcome, as usual, but he was struck speechless at the civilians' reception. Within an instant, Vegeta had been cheered at, hoisted above however many saiyans could squeeze beneath him and carried off towards the king's quarters; all the while chanting "Long live the mighty Prince Vegeta!". He was no fool, and before they even had him suspended on their shoulders, he was aware that trickery was afoot. Again, the prince did what he must so as to not tip them off, which could seriously blow up in his face.

Yet despite the danger, despite the odds and despite what was on the line, Prince Vegeta wore a genuine grin on his face that stretched from ear to ear. It wasn't because he knew what was going on, for the most part, although it could have been. It wasn't because he loved the challenge of such a fight, though it very well could have been. It wasn't even because he had a super saiyan secret tha Thet was going to change history (not tip mention the battle); although that was an underlying tone to his current feeling.

But even that thought was clear to the back of Vegeta's mind. Vegeta was relishing in the fact that this, no matter what anybody said, superstitious or not; This was his destiny, and he was loving every little moment of it. He was in such a transed state of euphoria that he had only came to his senses again as his fellow saiyans lowered him and his heels made contact with solid ground.

The young prince warily eyed the saiyans, who now stood around him in an almost occultic, ritualistic fashion. Indeed, Vegeta was one of the deadliest saiyans to EVER prowl the universe, part due to his uncanny wits, part from his special training as a child, but mostly it came from his bloodline. Regardless, he still had absolutely no idea what he was up against, not counting the saiyans surrounding him which the prince had taken to be his warm up. He looked at them one by one, mentally etching each face into his memory for future reference. He hardly considered those around him to be comrades anymore, having had betrayed him with such treatury at Frieza's slightest whim.