Well, Looks Like We've Got A Quest

*Lavanyas POV*

I stand there for a few moments taking everything in. I mean, it's not every day you get a mummy spewing green smoke telling you some weird cryptic message...

After a while, I realize that I was standing there in shock and should probably go back to talk to Percy and Chiron about what just happened.

As I walk downstairs I trip over my own feet (of course. I couldn't just be a normal person who gracefully walks down the stairs without injuring themself), but to my surprise, something stops me mid-fall.

"Percy! Oh my gosh you just saved me from a very nasty fall...wait...what are you doing here?" I ask suspiciously.

Percy just stands there blushing and stuttering.

"W-w-well Chiron said that you were going to the oracle and I know that's never good so I just decided to..." He trails off.

I blush and little spots of purple appear on my cheeks (yes, I blush purple get over it). I smile a bit. Honestly Percy is the greatest guy. I should have known that him spying on me was only from good intentions.

"That's ok," I forgive him, "but can you help me figure out what the heck this weird riddle means?"

At that, Percy just frowns.

"That, I'm afraid, I can't tell you. Nothing the oracle says ever has only one meaning. It is nearly impossible to understand what the oracle is trying to say until it is time for that part of the prophecy to be fulfilled."

"So we know nothing?" I ask.

"Not necessarily... I have a hunch but I pray to the gods that I am wrong."

~~~~~~~~~
*Percy's POV

The moment that I hear the prophecy, my heart sinks. I have an idea about what's going to happen... It's happened to me several times, and believe me, that's several times too many.

<Time Skip>

"Well?" I ask Chiron after Lav repeats what the oracle told her.

Chiron stands there for a few minutes in silence with a grimace on his face.

Finally he says," I'm sorry my dear, but it certainly seems that you have been issued a quest."

Then, he gives Lav a look that I have seen many times myself: the look he gives when someone is going to die.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guysssss!
OMG IM SO SO SO SORRY. I know I haven't updated for like a long time but I've been really busy with other things, other books, other accounts, etc. Sorry for the kinda short chapter.... But I promise I will continue to update from now on and let me just say I am going to have a new book coming out and I'm really excited. I haven't started writing it yet but I have the idea and it's a really good one. Shoutout to everyone who has been reading my story (man I'm almost at 1k omg)! Thank you all.
Comment what you think!

~UNICORN_27