18

The sound of the front door opening was heard from where I sat at the kitchen island waiting for Aaron. Here goes nothing, I sighed before glancing up at him as he strolled into the kitchen with takeaway bags.

"Sorry I took so long." He kissed my temple and placed the bags of food on the table. "Turns out Liam stopped here. I forgot to tell him we were meeting at his place. Imagine." He shook his head. "I drove all the way to his place in the traffic for nothing."

I was speechless. Either he had thought this all out or I was being paranoid for no reason. Now I couldn't go about accusing him of lying without seeming insecure? There was no doubt that I'd seem crazy bringing up what Liam told me this afternoon about him and Phoebe.

"Is everything alright? You look upset." He questioned. "I hope it's not because I got takeouts. I know how much you love to see me cook."

"I'm fine, I've just got a lot on my mind."

"Maybe I can help," he smirked suggestively and I couldn't believe it but I shook my head.

"I'm sort of hungry."

"How about we eat and then I'll help take your mind off whatever's bothering you."

•••

"See," Aaron whispered into my ear.

I stood in front of the glass window with the view of the city, his chest pushed against my back. We were both naked. A trail of clothes ran from the kitchen to where we now stood. My breasts were pressed against the cool glass, making the nipples stiffen as the cold weather bit at them.

His right hand slid up along the inside of my thigh, his fingers sweeping along my skin on its journey to my centre. I inhaled sharply when his fingers pressed against the slick lips of my core. He slid the end of his middle finger along the crease they formed, and made me chew on my lower lip as I stared out into the city.

"Can you see it?" he asked lowly.

I had forgotten that I was meant to be looking for the Shard. He had told me that it was visible from our flat, and I had scoffed.

"No," I said.

"Now you're just being silly," he said and slid his left hand from my shoulder to my hair, and steered my face in the right direction.

To be rather honest, I didn't understand why it had become such a big deal between us. The Shard was visible from many places in the city, it's rather large and tall. That's pretty much the point of it. This had to be an excuse to get me pressed against the glass door like I was.

"Well, what do you know," I said, unimpressed. "I see it."

Lights had been installed at the top of the building that illuminated the tower at night. From the distance we were at, the top glowed yellow from where we stood making it look like a beak of a rather strange bird.

"It's pretty cool, isn't it?" He asked but all I could focus on was his middle finger parting my nether lips and massaged me, prompting my back to arch and his cock to slid along the crack of my arse. He kept his hold on my hair and my forehead pressed against the cool glass. I could see cars turning the corner, but we were so high up they seemed tiny.