You Could Be Happy

This chapter might've suited a more 3rd person type of style but whateva

-

The agitating feeling of light burning against the lids of my eyes made me become conscious again. The first thing that I could recollect was a peculiar dream, that felt like it took place minutes ago. I could see myself running through the city streets late in the night, but the rest became hazy and unclear the longer I was awake.

There was nothing more I wanted than to keep sleeping for a few more minutes, hours. I moved my head another direction to avoid the light reaching my eyes.

My neck was stiff against a hard surface and my legs soar. In my mind I pictured moving pavement under my feet and a street that had no end. The sound of soft groans were echoing through the streets but the source of them was not present.

Realizing that the sounds were indeed not just in my head, my eyes snapped open. Wide and almost afraid, being greeted by a panoramic view of the city.

I settled down from feeling as if I was falling from the sky for a split second and was greeted by the source of the snoring beside me. Harry was laying on his chest, flat on the ground only a foot away from me.

The events that took place last night came back to me like fire balls.

I remembered him being meters away, straight in the middle of the room. Now he was next to me with one hand slightly reaching out to me and his head facing the opposite direction.

I had two choice right now, to run out of this room and pray there weren't random people around or stay, but my brain couldn't agree with either one.

He groaned louder this time and I was preparing myself to flee, effortlessly and quietly.

Unable to see his face, his head moved and I froze in place feeling like I was walking on thin ice.

I did the only think I could think of that would get me out of this situation momentarily and closed my eyes. I leaned my head back into the wall and pretended to be asleep once again, even though I was more awake than I ever became than with caffeine in my system.

"Eva?" His voice was rough but soothing at the same time.

I stopped breathing, afraid the faint wind coming out of my nose would signify my consciousness.

I missed his voice in the mornings.

"It's only been three months, I can still tell when you're pretending to be asleep."

Shit.

I opened my eyes again, pretending to have just woken up.

"Hm?" I hummed.

"You can cut the act, I know you don't sleep with your mouth open like that." He picked himself off the floor.

I remained silent, staring out at the morning skyline. The silence devoured the entire room and I felt uneasy sitting there, my arms wrapped around my stomach tightly and knees up to my chest.

"Why'd you stay?" He asked nonchalantly, I didn't dare look at him but from what I could hear he was off the floor digging inside a bag now. "Why did you stay?" He asked again adding more emphasis on his words in response to my lack of an answer.

"Why did you move closer?" I asked, still unable to look at anything but the city.

The building's looked like they ran thousands of feet, dominating the sky and making the people on the streets seem like ants.

I was the ant and Harry was the skyscraper. I felt so small compared to him. He held every single one of my vulnerabilities in his big palms with every opportunity to crush them all over again. As much as I hated admitting it, I knew why I stayed, I stayed for him because I couldn't bare seeing him give up on us even though that's what I thought we did months ago.

"Do you want to go?" His voice sounded hostile and distant, it wasn't a kind offer but more of a demand.

"What is your problem?" I snapped, know looking at him. He was sat at another wall with his phone in his hands.

"My problem is you, why are you still here?" He said, his attention still directed to his phone.

"Are you serious?"

His face twisted into a frown.

"Yes. Yes, I am serious. Why are you here if I hurt you? Why don't you leave and find someone better, someone who likes the same things as you, someone who doesn't have as many issues, someone who is just a polar opposite of me!"

You could be happy." His voice cracked as the words tumbled down his tongue.

He tried maintaining a serious face whilst staring down at his phone and I didn't want anything more than for him to give me his attention.

"I don't want to be happy," I stopped myself and watched his eyes come to mine, a look of confusion set on his face. "We always seem to come back to each other." I looked away, feeling my cheeks burn up at the comment, a stinging, unpleasant burn.

"Eva.."

"Stop, please don't tell me what I can or can not do again."

-

This is so short, & shitty but ya girl got school and too many things going on at one time so I'm trying to get this story over with