Slumber Party

Artifice has over 200 reads now and I'm a little too excited about it :)) Also I'm thinking of making the chapters longer, idk if that's what anyone wants?

"How can I help you today ma'am?" I smiled at the lady behind the counter as she ordered.

Me being the friendly idiot I was, I offered to cover someone's shift tonight so I was working the entire day. I was on my fifth hour and I wanted to fall on the ground and sleep.

Last night after Harry dropped me off I didn't get much of any sleep, I stayed up all night with a pencil and paper at hands reach. I don't know why I felt inclined to stay up all night sketching but I just did and it felt right at the time, how abruptly he left was all I could think about.

"Hello," a little girl with a 10 dollar bill in her hand greeted me.

"Hi, what can I get you?" My voice squeaked the way everyones voice changed whenever talking to a baby or a dog.

"A hot chocolate please." She shyly said and handed me the ten.

I retrieved her the change and she quickly squirmed to the side to wait on her drink. She looked back momentarily with a smile on her face to a lady, I presumed to be her mother.

Another customer approached the counter and I mentally sighed.

-Next Day-

I quickly grabbed my phone and turned it off after it ringing repeatedly. Harry had been trying to call me for the past ten minutes and regardless of the many times I've declined, he continued to call. I was starting to get dirty stares at the continuing vibrating.

When class was over I turned my phone back on and called him, only to go to voicemail.

"Seriously?" I called him again.

"Hello." Harry's voice came in through the phone.

"Why were calling me so much?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you were at your job."

"There's such thing as texting." I purposively huffed loudly.

"You'd rather me text you while I'm driving, and risk getting in an accident than simply calling?"

"Well, no-"

"I'm here." His voice interrupted my speaking. "I'm here at your job." He said.

"Why? Shouldn't you be working?"

"Don't worry about it, can you get here?"

"Can we meet at my place instead? I spent all of yesterday working I don't want to go back unless I actually have to work."

"Sure."

"Alright, give me half an hour."

-

Harry texted me minutes ago that he was going to be a little longer. Which I was totally fine with, on the car ride here I had time to think of every mess in the apartment that I had to clean before he could go in.

Lizzy as expected was with Liam so I had to clean up for the both of us.

Firstly I walked around my room with a hamper, throwing in the clothes I had managed to leave laying around everywhere.

Second was the kitchen; two lazy girls living alone was the equivalent of having children who couldn't even reach the sink to clean.

Third was picking up little things around and placing them so they didn't look like we were hoarders.