Halloween

I haven't updated in a few days cause I feel like no one is really reading, but if you are thank you. Btw I added some things I forgot as in; Eva works at that cafe she went with Harry to, and she doesn't just walk everywhere, she owns a car.

Sunday mornings were definitely some of my favorites. I loved waking up to the sun peaking through my window, even the sound of honking and busy Manhattan was comforting. Liz would usually stop by the bakery down the street and get us coffee and other goodies, everything was always calm and nice during Sunday's.

I woke up hardly recollecting the text that Harry sent me last night. But when I picked up my phone, checking my recent messages it was there in my face and I rolled around in bed groaning.

The text remained ignored and I grew paranoid he would show up at my doorstep like yesterday when I neglected to answer him back.

"Liz?" I called out for her.

She was sat at the kitchen island eating a piece of bread.

"Thank god," I mumbled. "You got donuts!" I overreacted to seeing a bag with two glazed donuts.

"Eat up, we have a long day today." I stopped chewing a piece of the donut in my mouth.

"What are we doing?" Lizzy gave me a dirty face since my mouth was open.

"Shopping, you and I both don't have Halloween costumes yet." She said ignoring making eye contact with me and continuing to read the newspaper. She knew I didn't want to go.

"I-"

"Nope, you're going."

"I d-" I tried again.

"I don't want to hear it. I'll keep an eye on you and make sure you won't drink as much as last time." She looked at me as if she was asking for permission and I rolled my eyes, nodding at the suggestion.

-

"Haven't you tried on three nurse costumes already? They just keep getting more degrading every time." She held a few costumes in her arms, one being a very revealing mock nurse uniform.

"This one is cuter."

"You said that the last time." She ignored me and walked away.

I had already picked out my costume, and by picked I mean Liz choose two she thought would look incredible at me and left me to choose either. I was relieved though, getting a costume for myself was simple as opposed to her which was taking years.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and answered a text from a friend back home saying she missed me and wanted to meet up whenever I came back.

My fingers cautiously hovered over Harry's text from last night, it's like I wanted to answer back but I had no idea what to say.

"I got the perfect one!" Lizzy cheered while coming through the dressing rooms curtains.

-

"He should be here soon." Liz fiddled with the firefighter cap from her costume. She wore small red shorts and a yellow top, that if I had a say I would not have spent the amount she did on such little fabric. In her defense it did come with the hat and a fake hose.

"Can't wait to meet the famous Liam Payne." I smiled, Liam was coming over to pick us up for the party.

"He's here." She announced and we made our way out of the apartment, making sure to lock up.

Liam was stood in front of a car I presumed to be his with his arms crossed. He was certainly a looker and once we stepped out his eyes lit up seeing Liz.

She ran into his arms and he picked her off the ground, I looked away feeling uncomfortable being the third wheel.

"Hey, you must be Eva." He said once letting go of Liz, I nodded with a smile on my face in response. "We better get going, my friend is at the party by himself and he will kill me if I take any longer."

The party was at a fraternity house not too far away from our apartments.

I assured myself that I would stray away from any alcohol tonight, I had school and a six hour shift tomorrow and I would like to not have a hangover throughout it.

Liam and Lizzy guided me down to a room where a group of familiar faces all were sat down talking amongst each other.

I tried not to seem completely freaked out by the amount of people in masks roaming around the party. I got goosebumps just by looking at them.

"Chloe," My attention was averted to a familiar short blond. I stumbled over people's feet to get to her and pulled her into an embrace. "I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." She squeezed me tighter.

Chloe along with Liz were some of my first friends when I moved here, though we stopped seeing each other as often after she went through a breakup and moved with her mom upstate. We still kept in touch after all, texting from time to time just to see how we were doing. Seeing her made me feel as if tonight wasn't going to suck completely.

"What are you suppose to be?" Chloe innocently asked.

"A sexy gypsy." I shook my chest, moving the jewelry on the dress. "Lizzy picked it out."

"I figured." We both laughed.

Chloe was wearing a decent maids costume that wasn't as revealing as every other girl in this house. The amount of costumes that were considered for girls was embarrassing and degrading but I kept my mouth shut, seeing as a party wasn't the best place to vent.

She filled me in with all the current gossip in what I considered my old friend group; break ups, fights,  even a Las Vegas marriage that I might've already heard Lizzy going nuts over a few months ago.

"Look who it is!" Another familiar blond approached the both of us on the couch we occupied.

"Niall." I  pretended to be disgusted and he acted offended then leaned down, wrapping his arms around me.

"How have you been?" He asked over the loud music.

He wore what I assumed to be a Power Ranger suit.

"Alright actually, you?" I looked over to Chloe who was admiring him, noticing that I saw she quickly turned away.

"Fucking crazy, school sucks." He took a gulp out of his cup. "I'll see you, alright? Happy Halloween!" He yelled walking away.

I turned to Chloe, "I saw that. You were completely swooning over him." I said and her cheeks turned bright red.

"Was it that obvious?" She hid her face with her hands.

"Honestly, I think everyone here is too drunk to notice anyways."

We continued talking and catching up, she told me how her mom managed to land her an internship at a modeling agency and how she got a cat that she ridiculously named Cat.

"Eva, I don't want to freak you out but there's this guy that has been staring over here for the past few minutes." She trailed off from talking about her cat.

I looked around and met two green eyes.