Chapter Thirty Two - 'Distraction'

Start from the beginning

I could feel my fingers digging into his flesh, tracing up his chest to the back of his neck where I took handfuls of his hair in between my fingers, holding on, not wanting to let go.
Passion exploded, fire erupted. I could no longer handle the pressure tempting to burst from within me.

Every part of our bodies were firmly placed against the other. Need, want, whatever the hell it was, it took over.

"Take it easy" Phoenix panted beside my ear

I couldn't.

"Eden"

The sound of my name coming from his lips, it made it worse. I tried to pull him back to my mouth, but he was pulling back, refusing me submission.

He let out a small laugh, deep and amused at who I had become. I didn't even know.

There was really no use in trying to fight him for what I wanted, he was far too strong, far too controlled. Which surprised me, I could imagine him throwing himself at the other women he had been with, eager to get more from them. Why was he holding back now?

Easing up, my muscles relaxed. I wasn't sure if I should have been embarrassed or not for throwing myself on him.

My fingers loosened on his hair, pulling back. Phoenix was swift to grab my wrists, stopping me from disconnecting with him.

"Don't push yourself, you're still recovering"

I rolled my eyes "I've already told you, I'm fine"

"Mhm" He mumbled placing a gentle soft kiss on my jawline "Let's just wait and see what the doctor says on Monday"

"This isn't going to hurt me Phoenix" I groaned, leaning towards his face with my own.
This time, he allowed me to kiss him, softly, slowly, and then he pulled away, teasing me

"No, it won't, but I don't think this is all you have on your mind right now"

Now I was definitely embarrassed, because he was right.

Averting my eyes from his face, I tried to hide my flushing cheeks.

"You should get some sleep" He sighed, dropping his shoulders, stepping back

I nodded, still not daring to look in his direction. Had I just been rejected? After all he had just said, he was going to push me away? He had been working so hard to keep me in view, to keep me from any other man in my life, and now he was surrendering after kissing me for a few minutes, too afraid and full of excuses as to why he couldn't continue.

"C'mon" He whispered, bringing my eyes up to where he stood, holding his hand out for me

I was confused, and hesitant

"Or will you not be able to control yourself?" His lips turned upwards "I don't want to make you uncomfortable"

Too late for that.

I thought about it for a moment, unsure myself.
It was better than being alone, so I reached out and took his grasp, allowing him to lead me towards the bed.

It had been a whole lot harder than I had even imagined, and not just for me, but clearly for Phoenix too. I lay on my side, his body behind me, his arms wrapped in me. For the first half hour, he shifted under the covers, his hands fidgeting, his lips finding the side of my neck more than once.
Eventually, he stopped moving and I assumed he had fallen asleep. Until I could hear his breathing change, I couldn't relax. Not too long later I drifted off.

-

Waking up, sprawled out on the bed with the light of day shining in on me, my mind gradually came to. As it did, my hands patted beside me, feeling nothing but the sheets on either side of my body.