Hope- Aiden's POV

Start from the beginning

"She can't stand what Ronnie did to her and its consuming her quickly. You need to talk to her. You need to make her understand that you love her. She needs someone to be there for her unconditionally so she can start putting the pieces of herself back together. She needs you."

I wasn't sure if those were words just designed to make me get over myself or if they were really the truth. Aubry didn't seem like the type of girl to lie about that though...

"Have you noticed a change in her recently? Has she been crying less? Has she seemed better... yet not really?"

I had... I could still see the sadness in her though. I could see the hurt. I could see the hate. I hadn't thought that it was towards herself though... I always thought that it was directed at me.

"She is drowning in sorrow. She isn't getting better but worse. She is letting the sorrow drag her under. When you let the sorrow finally take ahold, it masquerades as numbness for a little while. You finally start to feel a little better and the negative thing that you're doing to yourself becomes your life line... until the numbness gives way to soul crushing pain and you can't take it anymore."

I knew that she knew what she was talking about. I could see it in the passion in her eyes and by the scars that were up and down her arms. She knew that Bri was in trouble...

"What negative thing?" I didn't really need to ask the question but I wanted confirmation nonetheless.

"You know..."

I almost sobbed when she confirmed it... "She's hurting herself," I said to myself as I touched Aubry's self induced scars. Bri was hurting herself.

I needed to help her.

"I...."

"It's okay, Aiden." Aubry said as I felt the tears well up in my eyes. "Just go to her. Talk to her. Love her."

"Thank you. I am so sorry this happened." I told her with a sigh of regret.

"You have nothing to be sorry for except being a dick after the dinner." I laughed at that. "Just go help Bri and then be ready to teach me how to win fights with only one hand on Monday."

"You..." I sighed not even knowing the right words to explain how amazing she was. "You are so incredible."

She sighed and shook her head. "That's not true... but thank you anyways."

"You're perceptive of everyone but yourself." I said with a headshake.

"Do you think... I could possibly stay here tonight?" Aubry said smally. "I... I really don't want to face my dad like this yet," she added timidly.

I nodded, "I don't think T was going to let you leave anyways. He's really worried." I nodded. "I'll go talk to him. Get some sleep, Aub. You look exhausted."

I slowly left the room as she laid back painfully. I winced at the whimpers that were escaping her lips. Her ribs must've really been in bad shape...

I slowly walked up to Tommy after I exited the room.

"She knows?" He asked as soon as he saw me.

I nodded in affirmation.

"Good, she deserves to."

"She's going to fight." I stated while turning to one of the punching bags and taking a few swings.

"I figured, even you can't tell her what to do!" Tommy said smiling. "Y'all are too much alike. Have you accepted the fact that you like her yet?" Tommy asked.