Chapter 4: Truth?

(A/N) This is a short story and it only has 6 chapters but i'm going to write sequels that are short too. so it'll be like a short story collection of this main story. if you get what i mean. so far i think i might write 2 other short sequel stories to continue on but there might be more if people like it. This is pretty much the very begining of the story and when the second book starts the actual story really starts. Please comment and vote :)

***

All through my first and second lessons I was thinking about Seth. I spent recess in the toilets because I just couldn't face him right now. The lessons after recess were tormenting. I couldn't take it anymore. I need answers!

When the lunch bell rang I walked straight to the cafeteria. I spotted Seth standing with the popular crowd as usual but he didn't seem very social.

I turned around and headed for the line.

I got myself a PowerAde and walked outside to get some fresh air.

"Leona!" I heard someone call out to me.

I turned around only to find Seth running towards me and a few curious faces.

"Can we talk?" He puffed.

"Okay, go"

"First of all I'm sorry." He looked deep in my eyes for my reaction to his apology.

"Okay" I motioned for him to go on.

"I just... um, look...could you not tell anyone about what happened with Mr West." He tried to find the right words to say but in the end they weren't the words I wanted to hear. Honestly I don't know what I want to hear.

"Okay... what if I ask the questions and you just answer then." I sounded like a cop.

"Um...okay?" Seth looked taken aback.

"What school did you go to before you came here?" I was now interrogating him.

"Um...I was home schooled." He didn't sound very sure about that.

"Why did you seem annoyed with your parents when they told you to come home?" I don't know why I asked him that but I did.

"They don't really give me time to hang out with friends or enjoy normal teenage life. Plus they're not my real parents." He placed his hands in his pockets and shifted his feet around.

"Are you adopted?"

"You can say that." Does that mean maybe?

"It's a simple yes or no answer there's no maybe in the options." I almost sounded like Maria.

"No, I can take care of myself but I still require adult supervision." He seem like he was starting to get irritated at me now.

"Oh, well I live with my adopted parents who beat me half to death almost every night. My parents died in a plane crash when I was ten and since then my life has been crap." I chirped.

"What happened to your parents?" I asked him.

"They got shot. I was 13 at the time." He grimaced at the distant memory.

I was silent. I didn't know what to say. I decided to leave the issue with Mr West alone. He seems a little troubled at the moment.

"Can I ask one question?" I asked softly.

"Sure" He looked in my eyes again.

"Why did you stop me from jumping on Friday?"

"You're a great girl and if you did jump off that bridge I wouldn't have the pleasure of getting to know you." He put on that flirtatious smile of his. I started blushing. I must have looked stupid. I was going as red as a tomato. I covered my face from everyone.

"Don't hide that beautiful face." He pulled my hands off.

"Beautiful?" I asked. Does he think I'm beautiful?

He stepped closer.

"Yeah, beautiful."

He kissed me on the cheek and winked before he walked back into the cafeteria.

The school yard was quiet. Everyone was shocked.

"Yes the loser of the school just got kissed by the hottest guy in the school. Deal with it!" I shouted out. I was feeling on top of the world.