Friends flirt?

Dan and Phil have been friends ever since they first met almost 10 years ago when Dan caught Phil walking around with his hood up in a place he called his "Shadow Realm" where he talked to his own shadow. At first Dan was weirded out, but also intrigued at how mysterious this kid was. Dan watched him walk straight into a boob of a teacher, and since Dan has an tendency of talking to himself as well as always embarrassing himself, he knew that right as the second Phil caught him laughing he wanted to be friends with him. Since then they have always been by each other's sides and have become really close through out the years they have known each other. Some suspect that they might have a thing for each other, and others think they are dating, but they have said it many times themselves that they are both straight and nothing is going on between them. They are just two heterosexual guy best friends that spend roughly a good 99% of their lives with each other, nothing weird about that. The great thing about having a friend like that is you know you can always rely on them with help for anything and know they are going to be there to try anything they can to help. Dan and Phil always go to each other when they need help with something.

Dan opens the door to Phil's room, not even bothering knocking as they practically live together considering the amount of times Dan has spent over. Phil looks up from his homework at his friend who is all flustered and annoyed.

"Someone looks like they just got rejected by the girl they like." Phil comments as Dan walks over and flops down on Phil's bed.

"Well you're not wrong about that." He sighs. Phil puts down his pencil and stands up. He walks over to Dan and sits down beside him.

"What happened?" Phil asks. Dan pushes himself up so he's sitting while leaning back on his hands.

"You know that girl I like, Casey?" Dan asks. Of course Phil knows. She's all Dan will talk about. He would be lying if he said Dan didn't know a little too much about her.

"She's definitely not the girl you have been obsessing over for 2 weeks now." Phil sarcastically says. Dan gives him a look.

"I'm not obsessed with her." Dan denies, which makes Phil laugh.

"Dan, by the way you talk about her it sounds like you guys have already dated when in reality all you have done is stalk her." Phil says, which receives a unpleased look from Dan.

"I haven't stalked her."

"Then why did you follow her home the other day?"

"For your information I wasn't following her home, I was just taking a stroll around the block to get some fresh air and she happened to be walking in front of me." Dan tries to defend himself which receives an eye roll from Phil.

"That's why you texted me her address and even saw her turn a light on upstairs so you believe that's her room?" Phil asks. Dans face heats from embarrassment. Phil laughs a little as he swings his legs up on his bed and sits crossed legged.

"Well if her house is ever on fire I know exactly which room to save her from." Dan says. Phil rolls his eyes again.

"You know, just because your username is danisnotonfire doesn't mean you wouldn't get burned if her house was actually on fire." Phil says. Dan lets out an annoyed grunt. "So what about her?"

"I bumped into her today after school and-" Dan stops as his face flushes with even more embarrassment.

"And?"

"I literally bumped straight into her, which made her phone fall out of her hand and cracked the screen." Dan says. Phil brings his hand up to cover the laugh his holding in. It's just like Dan to do something like that considering he once sprayed liquid deodorant into his eye and almost blinded himself, but Phil is honestly just as clumsy so he can't laugh too much.