"You're not going to make fun of my glasses. Everyone does."

"Why would we make fun of your glasses? You actually look kinda cool in them, like a nerd." Maria visibly blushed.

"Th- thanks."

That was five years ago, now today is my sixteenth birthday, the day I would turn to a werecat. I had never told Maria nor Justin this because I didn't know what their reactions would be like.

We were celebrating my birthday at the beach today and they were coming to pick me up at my house. Yes I owned a house. The backpack my mother had given me had in a large sum of money, first aid, food, and water and I used some of the money to buy a small house and clothes.

I jogged out of the house as I heard a beep outside. Grabbing my purse, phone and keys, I locked the door and walked down the few steps of my house, getting in the backseat of Justin's car.

"Hey guys," I exclaimed as Justin started the car.

"Hey Mi-mi, Happy sixteenth birthday," Maria said giving me an awkward hug as she was in the front and i was in the back. Then she presented me with a gift. I opened it and gasped. Inside lay a pair of diamond earrings with a matching chain.

"Thanks Mari. Its beautiful."

"Mine is sitting right next to you," Justin told me, looking up into the rearview mirror. I looked in the seat next to me where a small gift bag sat. I opened it to find a red purse, and a body set.

"Wow J. Thanks."

"Look inside the purse." I opened it to find a picture of all three of us and I smiled at the picture of us when we went shopping at the mall.

"Thanks a lot you guys. I really love these gifts."

"Your welcome," my two best friends said in sync, laughing afterwards.

We made it to the beach and had a grand time, taking selfies, swimming, you know, the typical things teenagers do at the beach. The day had passed quickly and we were spending the rest of the day at Mari's house watching movies when I felt like I was going to shift.

Thankfully Mari lived down the street from me so I told them I had to do something quickly. I bolted out the door to my house, locking the door behind me.

I ran into my bedroom and fell down just as the turning had begun. Pain erupted through my body as I crawled and grabbed a washcloth from my bed and stuffed it into my mouth.

The process felt like a long, excruciating one as my bones pushed and cracked into those of a werecat. I breathed tiredly after that painful process and as I was back to normal, I got up and viewed myself in my long lengthed mirror.

My coat was a blue colour, like my mom's but with black markings designed on my face and body, and faded blue eyes. If you looked closely you could see gold slits inside the blue. I had never seen any one in the pack with such eyes as mine.

"So beautiful," I whispered to myself.

"Thank you," a young, feminine voice replied.

"Are you my cat?"

"Yes I'm Katrina, nice to meet you."

"I'm Miela, nice to meet you too. Hope we bond well, Trina. That's your new nickname, by the way."