Chapter Twenty Six (Part III)

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. Chris said they had to sedate her. I'm guessing she was hysterical." I informed her making her jaw drop. How do you let go of the person you spent thirty years of your life with so damn suddenly? They would probably have to sedate my black ass too. I just hope that I die before Armoni does because I wouldn't be able to take her dying first. They would just have to lock me up in somebody's mental institution and then throw away the key.

"How's Mookie taking it?" She asked, making me shake my head at just the thought. I knew Mookie was going through it and it really hurt my heart to know that I couldn't do anything to make things better for her.

"Chris didn't say." I sighed as I pulled into the parking garage of the hospital. I circled around for a little while before finally finding a spot and parking there. "You know how she is about her Daddy so I can't imagine her taking it well at all." I shut off the car and took off my seat belt.

"She's been through so much and she's been strong through it all but I think this might be her breaking point." Aireka admitted quietly. "Her Daddy is her heart and now that he's gone ...." She trailed off, allowing me to fill in the blank for myself.

"Let's just hope for the best." I said nodding my head as we both got out of the car. I came around to her side and I was surprised when she reached out and grabbed my hand. Eric's death must really be affecting her mean ass.

Chris had text me the room information already so we got on the elevator and went straight up to the floor they were on. Before we could even step off of the elevator I could hear loud crying. I bet money it was Mookie crying. I took a deep breath before stepping off of the elevator and then leading Aireka to the private waiting room where the crying was coming from. I really wasn't ready to deal with this but I didn't really have a choice. I had to be strong for my family.

I turned the corner leading to the waiting room and slowly entered into the room, I saw Leilani, Rashad, Mookie, Zyonn and Marcus all sitting down. The TV was on but nobody was paying attention to it. Zyonn was leaned forward with his face in his shirt, I could see his shoulders were shaking, meaning he was crying.

Damn.

To my surprise, the loud crying wasn't coming from Mookie, it was Leilani. I was expecting it to be Mookie, but clearly I was wrong. Rashad had Leilani in his lap rocking her and trying to comfort her but it wasn't working at all. Marcus had a blank and distant look on his face as he stared at the wall and Mookie had her head down, texting on her phone. I could tell by her posture she was down, she just had a look of defeat in the way that her body was positioned.

But I'm honestly surprised to see that Mookie was doing as well as she was. Because I know how crazy Mookie was about her Daddy. I half expected her to be either laid out on the damn ground or in the bed with Eric, begging him to come back. She was honestly probably still in shock and hadn't processed what was going on. It dead ass took me months to grasp the fact that my Mama was actually dead.

Literally.

It was like Mookie could feel me looking at her because she looked up at me and we locked eyes instantly. Her whole face was red and her eyes were glazed over and bloodshot red. She stood up and approached us and then Aireka immediately grabbed her in a hug. "I'm so sorry Mookie, I'm so sorry." She mumbled to her as she hugged her tightly and rubbed her back soothingly.

"Thank you guys for coming. I really do appreciate y'all for being here." She mumbled as she stepped away from Aireka. She wiped her eyes with her thumbs and rubbed them on her dress.

"Aireka. What happened to your face?" Mookie asked, stepping closer to her and grabbing her chin so that she could examine the damage that was done to her face.