Chapter 6: Banquet Dinner.

Start from the beginning

" What do you guys want?" I asked as I grabbed a slice of pizza on the table and crashed on the couch.

Tony sat by me. " You’re supposed to be with Armani at the banquet hall."

" Yeah so?" Obviously, if they were smart enough, they’ll eventually figure out that I didn’t want to be with Armani or even close to him.

Liam sat on the other side and said, " Fine. But when he comes home raging at you. Possibly murdering you, don’t say we didn't warn you." I timidly nodded not giving a f-ck about what they were even trying to say. We plugged our gaming headsets and played some Modern Warfare 3.

I was really into the game as was currently kicking some serious ass out when someone called, which sternly disturbed our game as it intercepted the headsets. “Yo man, what’s up?” Liam asked.

" Man you ain’t gonna believe who's here!" Logan's voice boomed through our ears.

Tony sat up straighter, " Who?"

" Mindy! And she’s all over Armani. I think he’s going to fall back into the trap." Just the mention of the girl’s name made both of the boys stiffen up, which took me by surprise.

Their response to Logan’s words made me all curious which lead me to interject on their conversation. " Who's Mindy?"

" Oh hey there Kat,” Logan answered with a odd voice which seemed surprise at my voice. “Umm… Mindy is my… um.. cousin?" He sounded unsure his statement ended up as a question. I’m not that stupid not to recognize Logan was lying, he was stuttering for Pete’s sake!

Crossing my arms I warned, " Logan! Who is Mindy?"

" Do you guys want to tell her or should I?" Logan asked the two guys through our headsets.

I looked at them and Tony shifted in his seat. He made contact with my eyes before he replied. " You should. We’re right next to her, she can hurt us.”

I heard Logan take a deep breath. “ Mindy was Armani’s high school sweetheart. They were going to get married. Hell they were engaged. Until Lucas, Armani’s brother, got involved. Someway, he got Mindy to leave Armani, which created the Armani you know today.” Logan said this really fast, but I managed to catch up.

Don’t be territorial Kat. I reminded myself then his words sank in. “ Wait, so Lucas is the reason Armani lost someone he loved? Why?”

“ Yeah, pretty much. Why? Because Armani was first in line to get the company in 3 years and Lucas was jealous because he was older and apparently to him it wasn’t fair.” Tony filled me in.

Taking off my headset, I ran up the stairs. I can hear the guys calling out my name but I ignored them. I knew what I had to do. I knew exactly how it feels to be betrayed by your family, especially when betrayed to someone you have loved so much. It hurt like hell, and I knew Armani would have felt it. I wasn’t going to let Lucas do that to Armani.