I watch with wide eyes as she storms out of the room with an excited look on her face, my hands slightly moist with anxiousness as I hear loud footsteps downstairs.

Soon enough, I hear the door to my bedroom open after a few minutes and I'm comes Lucy with a small smile, holding what looks like a small journal in her hand. I raise both eyebrows and watch nervously as she walks over to my slowly, her lip caught in between her two front teeth as she hands it to me. I stare down at the small journal, a spiced aqua color with a small silver handle shaped into a flower. I glance up at her, "What's this for?"

"A friend gave this to me once," She grins softly, watching as I slowly grab it with a shaky hand. I take it in both my hands and look down at it, running my thumb over the leather cover with a small grin, listening attentively as she continues. "She's a songwriter and a writer, and she has loads of these in her room. This one was empty and she gave it to me because she wanted me to express myself through it and write something. I just never got the chance to..."

"Why are you giving it to me?" I almost whisper, feeling my heart swell at the sweet gesture, not understand why she was being so kind when all I did was push her away.

The girl only smiles weakly, shrugging her shoulders. "I think you need this more than I do. I can tell that it's difficult for you to communicate with others and keeping all of that inside of you is unhealthy. All of that you're storing inside you will one day burst and it won't be pretty. So anytime you feel like you're sad or angry about something, you write about it or even write your own song, you know?"

I take a good look at the journal in my hand and feel my heart tighten inside my chest as I look up to meet her hopeful, brown eyes. I bite my lip and set the journal down on the bed beside me, taking one last glance at the girl before swiftly wrapping my arms around her neck, holding her tightly without wanting to let her go. I can feel her stiffen as soon as I hug her, her arms slowly wrapping themselves around my waist. I try not to let the tears sting my eyes again and sigh softly into her neck, smiling softly as I pull away soon after.

Her vibrant brown eyes stare into mine and she smiles softly, my own green ones flickering between both of hers. The girls smile slowly vanishes and her eyes stare into mine, slowly wandering over my face until they're set on my lips.

I swallow hard and lick them involuntarily, feeling her arms pull me closer to her than before. I can't help but blush when she leans in closer, her eyes fixed on my lips like she couldn't believe what she was seeing. I want to close my eyes and lean in as well, slowly bringing her in closer.

"Lauren?"

A small gasp escapes my lips and I push Lucy away too harshly, sending her tumbling over the bed before she sits up quickly with a rushed smile. I turn to look at the wide eyed man in the doorway with tinted cheeks, who stutters his response in attempt to smile. "I-Um, I'm about to start dinner right about now and- I-I just wanted to know if you wanted to help me?"

"Oh," I feel my cheeks flush.

"Actually, it would be my pleasure." Lucy's breath is uneven and her cheeks are flushed beyond red. My father nods slowly and his blue eyes meet mine before smiling at the brown eyed girl behind me. I watch as he walks away from my door and I turn to look at Lucy again.

"I should help--"

"No," She quickly shakes her head. "I want to meet your parents while you stay and write me your first page on that journal. One page is all I want when I come back, okay?"

"Can I do it tomorrow?"

"Nope," She quickly dismissed me before walking away from me and out of the slightly opened door. I stand alone as I hear her footsteps descend down the steps, glancing down at the small journal before sighing. I walk over to the desk on the other side of the room with it in my hand and sit down slowly, placing the journal down before grabbing a black pen from the small cabinet beneath me.