"I thought you knew lady Omeed and her friend studied medicine during their travels. She diagnose Zubaida's pregnancy when she fainted during her birthday feast." Amir just nodded his head taking the information in.

"Your majesty?" Omeed's voice rang, Hafez and Amir had been too engrossed in their conversation to hear her silent approach.

"My-my lady." Hafez stuttered too embarrassed to have been caught listening. Thankfully none could see the blush that has crept from his jawline down his neck. Even in the cold winter's night Hafez suddenly felt hot as he perspires.

"Omeed, walk with me!" Hafez orders, he took her hand into his before she could accept or refuse his order. Amir and the ladies remained in place as the pair strolled off with only the moon lit sky to rely on for light.

"I am so sorry about everything." Hafez started. "It was all my fault, of only I had been truthful of my identity when we met so much could have been avoided." Omeed made a move to stop him taking the blame all on his own.

"No your majesty, it wasn't just you. It was me--." Hafez cut her off as they stared at each other lovingly. It was as if an external force controlled them because Omeed took Hafez's other hand.

"Never again Omeed, never again will we part. The fear of never seeing you almost drove me insane. When I saw you that first time all those years ago I knew I wanted you in my life."

"It was my first trip outside the palace and to think I would meet this interesting young girl."

Omeed laughed at Hafez's description for her. "You are the first person to have described me in such phrase. As a child I got people calling me 'deer' 'mischievous' 'stubborn' non heavier thought me 'interesting'."

"I also thought you were the most beautiful creature I had ever seen." Omeed gasped making Hafez laugh loudly.

"Creature? And here I was thinking you had nice words reserved for me." She pouted as her eyes shone with mischief. Suddenly she remembered what she needed to ask him. His reply would determine their future.

"What happened to my Pedar your majesty?" She felt Hafez stiffen at her query as his shoulder slumped. His countenance showed pain and regret and his eyes held a forlorn look.

Could he have ordered my Pedar's death? Is that what the regret I see means? The pain he shows does it mean he's afraid I would leave if I found out? Omeed thoughtfully asked herself these questions as she waited for Hafez's response.

"No, no, no!" Omeed cried coming to her own conclusion. She took Hafez silence for admittance of guilt and even though he Pedar has asked her not to blame the royal family, this was too much for her fragile mind.

There was no way she'd marry Hafez if he were responsible for her father's demise.

Hafez quickly caught her as she began to withdraw from his presence. He saw the defeated look she threw his way as she sobbed painfully.

With a twinge of sadness he decided to explain what had occurred that day. A day he has tried to forget over the years.

"Listen to me Omeed, I didn't have your father killed although I blame myself for not stopping it." Omeed had her eyes trailed on her feet as Hafez continues to explain. "Remember we had been at the health centre that day?" Omeed nodded.

"By the time I returned to the palace it was already too late. I had sent your uncle to stop the execution when I heard the prime minister had acted without my order." Hafez sighed deeply.

"Your father the Nazir had not been tried in court and that seemed suspicious enough for me to act."

"I couldn't even perform his last rite and bury him." Omeed cried as Hafez pulled her into his arms. "I went there that night to collect his remains and it was gone." She said angrily.