11-20

11. If a person memorizes the Qur'aan in this world, his parents will be given a crown of honor to wear on the day of Judgment.

12. The lives of the Sahaba were completely changed by the Qur'aan. We should emulate them.

13. The Sahabi who was most well-versed in the recital of the Qur'aan is 'Ubayy ibn Ka'b (ra).

14. The Qur'aan was revealed so that we may act upon it. This is achieved by pondering and reflecting on the verses that we recite. Undoubtedly the knowledge of Arabic is key to all this. Therefore, we must strive to learn the language of the Qur'aan.

15. The Prophet ﷺ used to recite the whole Qur'aan in one week. When did you last read the whole Qur'aan?

16. The shortest verse in the Qur'aan is verse 64 Surah ar-Rahmaan.

17. The shortest Surah in the Qur'aan is Surah al-Kawthar (Surah number 108).

18. The Qur'aan is the cure for physical and spiritual diseases.

19. The major theme of the Qur'aan is Tawheed. It teaches us that those who worshipped Allah alone sincerely were successful in this world and will attain salvation in the Hereafter, while those who have no Tawheed in their lives are doomed.

20. The Qur'aan is known by various names:

♦ Furqaan (criterion, as stated in 25: 1)
♦ Tanzil (sent down, as mentioned 26: 192)
♦ Dhikr (reminder, refer to 15: 9)
♦ Kitab (scripture, as indicated in 21:10)