Plot Twist #2 Fault in Our Stars

I'm not going to say too much about this one. I just going to say that you will be very pleased with me. Regarding that last thing with Fault in Our Stars (Okay? and Okay.), I will make this one a bit happier. Please, enjoy!!!!!!

Warning Spoilers, duh!!!

   What if Augustus didn't die?

   Hazel's Pov

   We all thought he was going to die. He almost did, too. He held on. This was about three weeks ago. Augustus has made progress. Sometimes at night, I fear that he will die in his sleep. At least it would be a peaceful death, not a painful slow one. Whenever I think about reading Issac's and my eulogies we had wrote for his death. I think about our always. Okay? Okay. 

   Today is my second time to visit this week. I visit almost every single day. I bring Imperial Affliction. Whenever Augustus is awake I read to him. I think I've read Imperial Affliction a least ten times. I head to his house asking Mom for ride. 

   I walk in.

   Mom: What do you want, Hazel?

   Me: Why do you automatically assume I need something?

   Mom: It's either a ride or me to record America's Next Top Models.

   Me:Okay, fine it's a ride.

   Mom: Fine, where to?

   Me: The only place I go to on Mondays at three o'clock.

   Mom: Don't you mean every day at three?

  Me: Can you just drive me, Mom? Please?

  Mom nods and grabs her keys. We have the same conversation every single darn day. It's like I'll go and do something horrible. Like a kid that does everything and has to be constantly watched. Some days I just want to scream, " Mom, I'm a freaking kid with cancer! Where am I going to go?" 

   She drives me to Augustus's house and tells me that see will be at home so just call her when I'm ready to come home. I nod and knock on the door. The one who opens the door is very surprising to me, the one who opens the door is none other than the one and only Augustus Waters.

   Augustus's Pov 

   Hazel Grace shows up. She comes by around this time to read to me, since I've been bedridden. I'm not really supposed to get out of bed, but my parents aren't home so, yeah. 

  "Hazel Grace, are you still going to finish Imperial Affliction for the one thousandth time today?" 

   "Have I ever started it without finishing it?" She chuckles. " I can't believe you're out of bed already."

   I shrug my shoulders and invite her in. We sit one the couch and Hazel starts reading from where we ended yesterday. I sit and listen just like I would if I were in bed. Every sentence that she reads is full of excitement. If she could just sit there all day and read to me it would be heaven. Hazel finishes the last cliffhanger sentence and closes it. 

   " Was that time as good as the other thousand times I've read it to you?" She asks.

   "No, this time it was ten times better. I love hearing you read, Hazel Grace." 

   She blushes and kisses me. The kiss is short and sweet, but good. It reminds me about the steamy night in Amsterdam. I open my eyes and Hazel's eyes flash with worry. Then they flash with pain. 

   " Hazel?"

   "Gus," She mutters. "Phone....Mom...Help."

   I quickly grab her phone and find her mom's number and call it.

   "Hazel, are you ready for me to come pick you up?" The voice through the phone asks.

   "Mrs. Lancaster? It is me, Augustus. Hazel is in pain and she told me to call you...."

   She cuts me off telling me that she would be there in a few minutes and to call 911. I quickly call 911. They tell me that they will be there soon. Hazel is looking pretty still. She holds her right hand where her heart is and I grab her left. I check her pulse. Slow. I can barely feel it. Hazel has gone unconscious. 

   " No, don't do this, Hazel. I love you. Okay?" Around that time is when every body shows up.

   We all meet at the hospital. Issac, Mom, Dad, Hazel's parents, and me. The doctor told us that she had a severe heart attack. Also, that she probably wouldn't live. The doctor let us go see her, but only family members. I wait with Issac who tells me about his new hot girlfriend, Claire. Finally, they let non-family members go in. Everyone backs way from the door after I charge right in. She lays there in a hospital gown coming out of her unconscious state. 

   "I remember when I was in your spot. Gus, I know I'm going to die. Don't bother telling me I'm okay. I heard enough of it from my parents."

   " I wasn't going to. You scared me though. Do you remember what I said to you before you passed out?"
   "Yeah, wasn't it Something, I love you, something?"

   " Along those lines. " I lean down and kiss her. She cups my face in her hand and kisses me back. I can hear the awws from my mother.

   Hazel's Pov

   Three weeks and all I have done is get sicker.Every day coughing, sneezing, almost dying. You know, the usual. Gus comes by everyday and reads to me like I hand done to him. It's cute the way he makes the different characters sound different. Today he hasn't come yet and I'm getting tired waiting on him. As I start to doze of I hear an delightful laugh. Augustus Waters. I try to perk up for him, but I can't seem to. Then it hits me, I'm dying. The drowsiness, the sick feeling in my stomach, unable to perk back up. I can just feel the life getting sucked out of me.

   " Ready for me to finish the book?"

   " I want it to go on."

   " Okay, but let me start."

   " Gus, no. Stop" I take in a deep breath. This will probably be my last one. "I'm dying, like right now."

   His eyes widen. " No, don't do this. I love you, Hazel Grace Lancaster. Okay?"

   " I can't say much but I know I can mutter up one last word, " Okay."