43 | A N E S T H E T I Z E D

"DON'T YOU FIND IT THE slightest bit strange how we both came here with other people and we ditched them for...what? A walk in the middle of nowhere?"

Harry laughed beside me, his hair bouncing on his shoulders as he did so. His hands were shoved in his pockets and I wished they were not. I liked the fact that he was wearing the ring I bought him. Honestly, I thought he was going to get rid of it the moment he found it. I was obviously proven wrong and I was grateful.

"Oh, please. I bet they haven't even noticed our disappearance."

"Because we're so irrelevant?"

"One hundred percent."

"Sweet."

"Besides, we can enjoy the moon and the stars. Think of it as a romantic outing type thing."

I bumped shoulders with him and he almost fell off the sidewalk. It was hard for me to hold back my laughter; therefore, I just let it out. Harry wiped his shoulder as if he obtained some kind of deadly disease from my touch. This made me laugh even harder. He chuckled but his eyes remained on me the entire time I laughed.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Styles, but I don't have romantic outings with people I just met."

He turned his head to look at me and scrunched his nose, "You know you love me."

My lips parted at his words. Did I know I loved him? Yes, yes, I did. Was I going to tell him that? Of course not. We were starting over but keeping the memories of our past. I was not going to ruin this by allowing my heart to take full control. Instead of letting him know his statement got to me, I laughed and bumped hips with him this time. Once again, he almost fell off the sidewalk.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you hips of steel at their finest.

"You've got to stop doing that," he groaned, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Well, you've got to stop coming onto me," I looked at him and placed a hand over my already aching heart. "I can barely remember your name, Henry!"

"We're not friends anymore."

I decided to use his earlier statement against him, "You know you love me."

"Sorry," he said. "I can't love someone I just met."

He laughed but behind those emerald eyes of his, I saw the pain and regret. We both regretted coming out here by ourselves but we were not going to turn back. Olivia and Greysen were enjoying themselves back on the dance floor and I wanted them to have fun. I did not mind being out here with Harry. He was slowly turning back into the Harry I loved.

The Harry who laughed at almost everything I said.

The Harry who made smart remarks on the littlest things I did.

The Harry who showed how much he loved me.

"I think we should sit here," he said, gesturing to the bench outside one of the small shops.

"I'm sorry but I don't sit on benches with strangers."

He yanked me down on the bench with him.

It was too quick of a movement for me to react. Once my bottom was on the bench, I remained seated. Harry's attention was toward the sky and I followed his gaze, looking at both the moon and the stars. The streetlight flickered on and off constantly and I wondered if the light was going to blow before we headed back to the club.

My lips parted and I looked down at my lap. Why did he want to stop here? It gave us a perfect view of the moon but the location was unearthly. The hairs on the back of my neck stood with fear but I did not want to ruin this moment. How was I supposed to tell Harry I was afraid without accidentally telling him the truth?