30 | F R E E D O M

HE STOOD A GOOD FOUR feet away from me with his head tilted to the side. I copied his actions but bent and unbent my knees constantly, preparing myself to run. My hands were balled into fists and I started bouncing on the balls of my feet. We were both soaking wet from being out in the ocean and the sight of Harry's hair drying in the wind made me feel hot and bothered. He raised one of his eyebrows and when he took a step forward, I winced. His body was covered with sand from when I accidentally knocked him over not even two minutes ago and he was ready to get his revenge. I had no idea what was going on in that head of his but I most definitely did not want to find out.

We were breathing hard and even though our chests rose and fell at a fast pace, we still managed to look playful and amused. Hair fell in front of his eyes but he allowed the strands to stick around for the show. My toes dug their way into the sand and I enjoyed the feeling of it touching my skin. My eyes widened at the sight of Harry running this thumb along his bottom lip and my hands were suddenly flat against my thighs. My heartbeat quickened and if he kept this up, I would no longer have a heart. He had no idea what he did to me.

I blinked once—maybe twice—and he was suddenly running in my direction.

My scream barely left my lips before I turned and ran.

I was screaming, laughing, and having fun. Every time I looked over my shoulder, Harry was still right there and he was laughing, too. I turned my head back around, my hair whipping around on my shoulders. I attempted to pick up speed but I figured it was no use. Harry's leg was injured and I did not want to take advantage of that. I slowed down a bit but not by much. I made my way around several people who were laying on the sand, allowing nothing but their feet to get touched by the water. When I looked at Harry, he was jumping over their legs but his eyes were still focused on me.

The wind felt good against my face and I wanted nothing more than to run around this beach with Harry by my side. Unfortunately, he was chasing me and I was running away from him. I wondered what he would do to me if he caught me. I tugged my bottom lip between my teeth at the thought and stopped running. I looked up at the sky until I heard Harry get closer...and closer...and closer. Soon enough, the footsteps stopped and I heard him panting behind me.

"Hey," he took a couple deep breaths. "You all right?"

I turned around slowly and my smile was wide enough to reach both of my ears. He was hunched over, his hands placed firmly on his knees as he tried to catch his breath. I opened my mouth to speak but he held up his index finger, catching me off guard. I waited for him to catch his breath and when he stood up, he was wearing a devilishly charming grin. I opened my arms out to him and he did not hesitate to come wrap his arms around me. I was lifted off the sand and I wrapped my legs around his waist like I had done in the water.

His voice was just above a whisper, "You don't know how much you make me feel, Doll."

"I think I have a pretty good idea," I kissed the side of his jaw.

"I want to do so many things to you," he said and he never once blinked. "You drive me insane and I...I can't imagine a world without you. It's taking everything in me not to take you right here—"

A lump formed in my throat and I tilted my head to the side, "Boy, you need holy water."

He laughed and I joined in. Our foreheads met and I closed my eyes, taking in the scent of his body wash and the saltwater from the ocean. Today was perfect and I never wanted it to end. I found myself tangling my fingers in his hair and I cried out when he readjusted me on his hips. I looked around as he carried me back to where our belongings were. I expected him to sit us both down but when he turned us towards the water, my eyes widened slightly.