Chapter 8- Shinoa

Adoption?!

I'm not really going to get adopted am I???!!
Wait does that mean I'll never see any of the kids from the orphanage again?? Does that mean I'll never get to see Yuu-chan and Mika ever again???!!

The couple who talked to me about adopting me seem really kind and caring. The lady was American, but spoke fluent Japanese. She had straight, blonde hair, and hazel eyes. She was thin, and had a small build but yet she was curvy ,and she was wearing a formal black dress.

She was very pretty, and looked completely different than my biological mother.
The man had short, wavy brown, which was slicked back in order to keep It out of his violet eyes. He had a strong build and was very tall. 

They had one daughter who looked around my age, who had long,straight blonde hair tied up into pig tails, she had her fathers eyes, and had her mother's curvy but small figure.

She was wearing a pink hoodie and a gray shorts , along with a crimson tee shirt and matching sneakers.

They seemed like the perfect couple with the perfect daughter, why would they ever want to adopt me??

"Hi! I'm Mitsuba Sanguu!! Nice to meet you !!"
The girl said.

"H-hi...I'm Shinoa"
I said, and Mitsuba-san smiled at me .

"Ummm Mitsuba-San.....is your family really planning on adopting me?"

She smiled widely and said
"Of course!!! I've always wanted a sibling!! And I've always wanted a sister even more!! You see my mother can no longer have children because of how complicated my birth was, so we want to adopt you Shinoa-Chan!"

"But....you don't mind that I have ear moles...?"
I said tucking my hair behind my ear in order for them to see my ear moles.

"Of course not, I think they're really pretty, they look like a little constellation on your ear, isn't it pretty Okaa-Chan, Otoo-san?"

They both smiled and nodded much to my surprise

I reached up to touch my left ear.

But.. but my other family always hated them....yet this family thinks they're beautiful....

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was I finally going to find a home where I was wanted and cared for???
Then I remember something.

"My other family technically still has custody of me..."

"Then let's call them and see if they're willing to give you up for adoption."

The man said

Emi- san walked us to the lobby and handed me the phone to call my old family.

I picked up the phone with shaking hands and dialed the number as my heart pounded in my chest.

The phone started ringing on the opposite side of the line.

They picked up on the third ring.

"Hello? Who's this?"

"Mother it's me, Shinoa. I have someone that wants to talk to you."

I put the phone on speaker so that we would be able to hear the conversation before handing it back to Emi-San.

"Hello, this is Emi from the Chiyoko Orphanage. I have Shinoa here, she has a family waiting to adopt her. We were wondering if you would be able to give Shinoa up for adoption. Given the fact that she ran away because she felt unwanted in her own home."

She laughed at the other end of the line.

"Go ahead. Let her do what she wants. She was always dead to me from the moment she was born. And about the paperwork I'll come and sign it tomorrow. Have a nice life Shinoa, I know I will now that you're gone."

Then the phone clicked as she hung up.

Tears streamed down my face as I smiled.

Finally... finally I'm free from that horrible place. Finally I can be somewhere better.

But I can't go, if it means hurting Yuu-chan I can't do it. Him and I are already family, he's the first real family that I've ever had.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has now been about 6 months since I met Yuu-Chan, Mika and the children from the orphanage. Today is my birthday, and I still haven't told them that I'm getting adopted by the Sanguu's this weekend.

How am I supposed to tell yuu-chan if every time I'm with him my heart beats like crazy.........

Do I just leave without saying goodbye??

No.

That will make things worse, I should just tell them that I'm getting adopted, I really hope that they'll support me, especially  Yuu-Chan, he is my best friend... right?? I'll just tell them tonight, we have a full 2 days left together.....

I was currently in the living room playing  with the kids.

After a while of playing with the kids I went and sat down on the staircase, taking a moment to appreciate the beautiful family that I had for now.

Yuu-Chan came and sat down next to me. He poked my shoulder and handed me a wrapped box.
"Oh what's this Yuu-Chan?"

"It's a present... Happy birthday."

He said avoiding my eyes.

I blinked, feeling a pang of sadness as I looked at the gift.

"Are you scared?"
He said suddenly.

"W-what?"
Does he know??

"Are you scared to open it? I promise it's nothing bad, I would never do that!"

I smiled at him and began to open the present. Inside was a brown teddy bear and a piece of paper.

I picked up the piece of paper and read it.

To my first real family ever. Happy birthday!!!

A smile spread across my face as I read the little note.

I picked up teddy bear and held it close to my chest.

I put everything back in the box and pulled
Yuu-Chan into a hug.

"Thank you. But you didn't have to buy me anything."
I said.

He pulled away from the hug and held my hand

"But I didn't buy it. It's one of the things I brought with me when I escaped, and I wanted you to have it."
He smiled brightly.

"But Yuu-Chan, I cant accept it. Surely it was special to you.."

"Of course it was, but I want you to have it now, because you're special to me too."

A smile crept onto my lips and I hugged him again.

"Thank you, this means so much to me. I promise to take good care of him."

"I know you will. I trust you."

"I'll be right back."
I separated myself from him and went to go put my present in our room.

I stepped into the room that I shared with Mika and Yuu-Chan.

I set the box down on my bed and turned to leave, when I caught my reflection in the mirror.

I have to tell them, I can't let anymore time pass by...
Here goes nothing...