Chapter 5-Yuu

"Shinoa-San!!!"
Mika yelled from across the small room that he, Shinoa, and I would be sharing.

He was sitting on his bed; the top bunk, which had blue covers, and white pillows with colored accents

"What is it, Mika? And please don't be so formal."
Shinoa replied with a smile.

Mika twiddled his thumbs as he spoke.

"Right so Shinoa-chan why did you come to this orphanage?"
Mika asked, a wary expression on his face.

Shinoa's face grew gloomy, she was also sitting on her bed; the middle bunk, which had purple covers and white pillows.

She stared at her feet as she answered.

"Well I ran away from home because my parents didn't care about me, then a man tried to kidnap me but I saw Yuu-San in an ally hiding and he saved me, and we ended up here"
Mika looked at Shinoa with a tense expression on his face.

"You've been through a lot"

"Yes but now I have you and
Yuu-San and all the other children"
Shinoa smiled as she said this.

Mika smiled back at Shinoa and then turned to me.

"So what about you Yuu-chan. Why did you come to the orphanage?"

Like Shinoa and Mika, I was also sitting on my bed; the bottom bunk, which had light green covers and white pillows.

"I don't want to talk about it"

I looked down and said barely above a whisper

Shinoa stood up and climbed down to sit next to me. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a hug.

I caught a whiff of her natural sweet scent and relaxed a bit. She made me feel so safe.......I had never felt so safe with anyone before.......

"Yuu-San please tell Mika what happened, you have to let it out or you'll never feel better"
She whispered in my ear. She pulled away and took my hand in both of her small hands. I looked up and saw Mika's eyes focused on me. I squeezed Shinoa's hands as I began to speak.

"I ran away from home because........."
I paused to still my quivering body and voice, as I felt tears stream down my cheeks.

Damn it why am I already crying?

"they abused me, they whipped me and said that I was a demon's child, I ran away from that living hell, and came across Shinoa"
I smiled as I said the last part but that didn't keep the tears from falling from my eyes. I used my free hand to wipe away my tears only for more tears to come out of my eyes.

"I'm sorry it just hurts so much........"

I continued crying while I looked down at my knees.

I'm so weak....... They treated me horribly.........but why does it hurt so much?... I feel so broken...

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me, I saw a mass of lavender hair in my face. I rested my head on Shinoa's shoulder and wrapped my arms around her, and continued crying, finally releasing years of emotions that had been trapped in my body. She hugged me back as I continued crying.

"There, there, Yuu-chan let it out..."

Shinoa said. After a while, I eventually felt better and stopped crying.

"I-I'm alright now......"
I said and unwrapped my arms from around her body. She unwrapped her arms from around my body as well.

"There, doesn't that feel better Yuu-chan? Oh......umm I'm sorry....... Can I call you
Yuu-chan?

She said, blushing a little bit as she said the last part. I blushed as well as I replied
"S-sure"

Her eyes lit up and she pounced on me, hugging me tightly and gave me a kiss on my cheek. She pulled away smiling and blushing slightly. I, on the other hand, was as red as s tomato. I heard someone chuckle and turned to see Mika smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

He gave a wide, closed-eyed smile and said
" you two are so cute together, you're like a couple"

I felt my face heat up and I saw
Shinoa's face going red too.

"Mika we are not a couple"
Shinoa nodded.

"Yeah we're just friends calm down"

"Sureee whatever you say~"
Mika said with a grin.

"So you and Akane huh?"
I said with a smirk

"what oh no I don't like her like that"
Mika said, not even stuttering or blushing.

I smirked and said in a voice that mimicked  Mika's voice
" But you two are so cute together~"
Shinoa laughed as I mocked Mika.

"No, I already said I don't-"

"MIKA-KUN!"
Someone yelled from downstairs

"Coming!"

Mika said running out of the room and down the stairs

There were a few minutes of silence before Shinoa suddenly asked
"Hey, Yuu-chan why don't you ever style your hair?"

"Because Shinoa I'm not into that stuff... And even if I were I wouldn't do it"
I replied
Shinoa's eyes lit up as she got an idea. She scooted over closer to me and got close to my face.

"C'mon Yuu-chan let me do your hair~"

"Uuuummm......w-what are you doing shi-Shinoa?!"
I  stammered, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks.

"Convincing you of course......Yuu-ni-Chan~"
She said while placing her hands on my knees for more support and blushing slightly herself.
"A-alright but just this once...."

Shinoa backed up and cheered
"Yay!!!!!! Let me just get some stuff and I'll style it in the living room so that all of the kids can see how beautiful you look~!!!"
How did I ever get into this mess?!

Once she was done gathering the things that she would need, we went down to the living room and she made me sit on the floor in front of her since o was much taller than she was. She started combing my hair and almost immediately all of the kids went over to see what I was doing.

"Are you almost done?! This hurts!!!"I said while trying to ignore the pain of the hair elastics on my hair pulling at my hair roots

I said while trying to ignore the pain of the hair elastics on my hair pulling at my hair roots.

Shinoa sighed
"Never mind Yuu-chan you're hopeless"
She said getting up and removing the elastics from my hair.

"Owwww shinoa!!!! That hurt even worse."

I cried in pain and the kids all laughed at my reaction. I smiled to myself as I massaged my head.

I hope this lasts forever...