Chapter 9-Yuu

Lately Shinoa has been acting really strange and gloomy..... I wonder what's wrong with her.

I watched as she went up to our room to put away the gift I had just given her.

I turned around and I saw Mika come into the room.

"Oi Mika!!"
I signaled him over, I figured he might know something about what's wrong with Shinoa.

"You called Yuu-Chan?"
He asked as he took a seat next to me on the stairs.

"Have you noticed that Shinoa has been sad lately??"

"Yes I've noticed..."

"I was wondering if you knew something about why she's sad"

"Now that you mentioned it I think I might know something"

"Really what is it?!"

"Lean closer it's kind of a secret.."

I leaned in closer so that I could hear what he was about to say.

"Whats wrong with Shinoa-Chan is that..... She told me she loves you, Yuu-Chan."

As soon as he said those words I immediately felt my face explode with heat, my heart started pounding and endless butterflies were now swarming in my stomach.

"W-what?! She doesn't like me you idiot!!!!"

I raised my voice.

Just then I heard shinoa start coming down the stairs.

She noticed and she smiled at me, making me turn even more red.

Mika leaned in closer once more and said
"Act natural Yuu-chan, I know you like her~"

"So what if I do like someone, it's none of your business, Mika"
I stated matter of factly.

"Yeah yeah~~~ I know you two will date each other and kiss all the time, who knows maybe you'll even be each other's first kiss, well anyways I gotta go help Emi and Akane-Chan with today's dinner, it has to be extra special since it's Shinoa-Chan's birthday , see ya, and don't be scared of showing her how you feel."

With that he headed towards the kitchen. What Mika said really made me think about my feelings towards her.....

Why did I get so red???? Why do I ALWAYS get so red when I'm around her..... why does my heart always want to beat out of my chest whenever she smiles or whenever I hear her soft, delicate voice call out to me.......

"Yuu-Chan!!!"

Someone called out to me. I looked up and there she was, smiling at me.

"Finally, jeez what were you thinking about, I told you at least 3 times that it's time to eat."

She grabbed my hand, pulling me up and dragged me towards the Dining table. I looked down at our hands and smiled sheepishly. What if I really do love this girl........

We sat down at the dinner table next to each other, and waited for the others so that we could begin eating.

As everyone arrived they said their happy birthday's to her, which she received gratefully.

Everyone started eating. However, during the whole time, I noticed how Shinoa barely touched her food.

She constantly fiddled with her jacket and played with her silverware. I contemplated asking her if anything was wrong, but I knew that she might not want to tell me.

After dinner was finished, Shinoa stood up.

She took a deep breath before she spoke.
"Everyone, I have something that I want to get off my chest......"
This caught everyone's attention.

"....After this week I will no longer be here with you all..."

She gripped her spoon tightly in her hand as she spoke.

I furrowed my brows, and gave my complete attention to her.

What? She's joking right?

"I'm getting adopted tomorrow ..."
Tears streamed down her face and she struggled to keep her voice from trembling.

My head was pounding. For what seemed like hours, all I could hear was the sound of my ragged breathing and my pounding heart.

Then I remembered that I wasn't the only one here.

I looked around at everyone else. They all had the same look of disbelief plastered on their faces. Everyone except the director and Emi-San.

They knew about this and they didn't tell us?!

I balled my hands into fists instinctively as I continued to look at shinoa as she struggled to regain her composure.

She wiped away a tear and continued.
"I really love all of you guys.... You have no idea how much I'm going to miss you...."

How long has she been hiding this from me? Family is supposed to trust each other?

No.
She's not my family.
She never was.

I blinked and every second spent with her was suddenly racing through my head.

Every hug. Every smile. Every laugh. Did it all mean nothing?

Every time that I cried and she comforted me. Was that all a lie too?

She's just like the rest. Manipulative and cunning.

Only using me to get what she wants, and when it's convenient for her.

She doesn't care who she has to step on to get what she wants. Even if that means crushing other people's emotions and feelings.

Just like mother and father.

Tears brimmed in the corners of my eyes.

I wiped them away and swallowed.

"Sh-Shinoa....You're leaving me...... after you said we were family?!?!?"

I spoke with a trembling voice.

She turned to face me. Her face was red and tear-stained.

"Yuu-Chan....I-"

How could she call me family, if she was just going going to leave me like everyone else did?

I gritted my teeth as the tears finally started flowing.

I got up out of my seat and ran all the way up to our room.

I went inside quickly and slammed the door behind me.

I fell onto my knees by the door; my body too emotionally exhausted to continue standing.

I blinked and then all the tears came at once.

I sobbed into my hands as I cupped my hands around my face.

I knew it. I fucking knew it.

I never should've let my guard down.

I never should've fallen in love with her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Y'all next chapter is gonna be so emotional 😭 I hope you still enjoy it though ❤️