第6章

Genos's POV

Genos was walking away from Saitama. He spotted large stuffed animal bunnies hanging in the balloon dart booth. The cute bunnies imminently reminded Genos of you. He had to admit that nearly everything reminded him of you. Your smile, the color of your hair, the things that make you laugh, your favorite ice cream flavors, your favorite colors, the sounds you make when you laugh. He made sure to observe you from a distance and log all these important things into his memory data base. Genos even had to go to Dr. Kuseno once to ask the good doctor to update his memory storage so he could continue learning all the wonderful things that made you, you.

He first kept his distance from you. He knew he was only in your life because of his moving in with Saitama. He knew he should be solely focused on what his sensei and his teachings but the harder he tried to push you away the more he realized how pointless it was. Genos didn't know what to do with himself because he had never been in love before. All he felt was the pain that was left in his heart from the destruction of his village and his family. He only wanted justice. He only wanted to become stronger. Now, all he wanted was to be your's.

Genos paid for his throwing darts to a nervous, teenage boy with a buzz cut. Being so filled with determination Genos's expression was the most serious one the booth boy had ever seen. 

Genos held the plastic darts in his mechanical hand. He could hear his teacher's voice echo in his head- "Now it's time to win the ultimate prize. Her heart." 

The blonde cyborg threw all five of the darts at the same time. The mini darts hit their targets simultaneously causing a loud POP from the balloons. The booth boy gulped and went to gather the darts, only to find smoking, dart-sized holes through the board that held the balloons.

"What in the world-" the teenager mumbled.

"Have I earned my prize?" Genos eagerly asked with his hands behind his back. He felt a sense of pride when the booth boy started to get the largest bunny on the booth's prize shelf. Genos's hand were out to receive his earned prize but at the moment of contact, a far off scream was detected by Genos's ears. His stomach dropped and his heart stopped beating for a moment.

"(y/n)." He whispered.

Genos dropped the stuffed animal on the ground as he ran from the booth to the source of the cry.

"GENOS!!" The voice rang loud and clear even though no one else seemed to notice in the crowd. Genos's scanner analyzed every face in the crowd. "WHERE IS SHE." He thought urgently. His heart beat rising by the second. The cheery laughter that once filled the festival now sounded like mockery to him.

"Why didn't I keep better track of her."

"I should've stayed by her side."

"(Y/n) is in trouble because of me I caused this."

He ran through the crowd of people at lightening speed, so fast that some people didn't even register what the blonde blur was. He darted past his hero associates and his expression explained it all. 

"S-sensei." The panicked cyborg huffed out of breath. Saitama's nonchalant expression suddenly changed. Saitama put a hand on his disciple's shoulder and nodded solemnly. Silverfang, Tornado, Blizzard, and everyone else were confused as to what put the normally serious, poker-faced cyborg into such a fit. 

"I understand, Genos." The B-Class super hero said. "It was just a matter of time before that Udon Chef wanted his unlimited noodles card back. By now he's realized what a mistake it was to give it to me. I could've put him out of business since I'd eat faster than he could cook." Saitama wept patting a tissue underneath his eye. Tatsumaki groaned at the two dorks and mumbled something about then being idiots under her breath. 

"W-What? No! Sensei, (Y/n) is in trouble! I heard her scream and I cannot find her." He empathized the last part to get his point across. Saitama's sighed in relief and relaxed. While on the other hand, the other superheroes tensed up at the thought of you being in trouble without them noticing. 

"Well then, we'll go find her." He said simply. Genos nodded urgently knowing that with the help of his teacher on his side that no one could hurt (y/n). He couldn't imagine anyone hurting you. You were too kind, too wonderful, too beautiful to hurt. It would be like stomping on a beautiful rose. 

"We will help too!" The esper sisters said in unison. "-but not that I really care about (y/n) or anything- I just want to go buy a candy apple and enjoy it without any trouble." Tatsumaki fibbed modestly. 

A scream interrupted any further conversation among the misfit heroes. This time, everyone heard it. 

"Let's go." Bang said. "-the longer we wait the longer your girlfriend is in danger. She might not be in the Hero Association but she's strong in ways that make her special" Genos was too worried about you to deny what Bang had said. You were indeed a rose, and like how every rose has thorns, you did too. Genos took off in your direction with the others following close in pursuit.

"I'm coming for you, (y/n)." He promised.