第8章

Genos was running to you at full force. So fast that he was able to run on top of the river. He left a wake in his path and the fire's inside the nearby lanterns went out.

Genos had a look of desperation in his eyes, something you've never seen before in Genos. Every time you've ever seen the Demon Cyborg engage in combat he's always managed to keep his cool.

 "(Y/N)!!" Genos called out.   

"Catch me!!" You cried.

And not a moment too soon, nearly inches before you fell into the water, the blond cyborg caught you.

"NO, NO, NO!!!" Cried the glob king in exclamation.

Once again your breath was knocked out of you but for a different reason. Genos caught you in his arms, bridal style. He pressed you very close to his chest. You reasoned this was to keep you safe but your heart was telling you otherwise. Genos quickly reached the river bank.

The cyborg continued to hold you in his arms. Your arms were around his black neck and you allowed yourself to play with his hair. Even though it was synthetic, it felt so real at your touch. Your hand trailed down from the nape of his neck to his cheek. Genos's eyes seemed to kind of glaze over, he was enjoying your touch but he quickly brought himself back to earth.

"Are you hurt?" Genos asked urgently. You shook your head. Genos closed his eyes and exhaled a sigh of relief. Months of keeping himself at bay, of observing you from a distance, admiring you from afar, and now you were the closest you two have ever been. Your heart beat was so strong that it seemed to rock your entire body. Genos's pupils were dilated as he was looking into you (e/c) eyes. (E/c) was now his favorite color, he decided. The river lanterns glow illuminated your face with a sweet glow.

In this moment Genos had wished that Dr.Kuseno had installed those new optical cameras in his eyes so he could take a picture of your sweet face. He wished that he could just-

"Genos?"

"Y-Yes, (Y/N)?"

"You can put me down now." You whispered, smiling sweetly at him. A deep blush covered his whole face. "So he CAN blush, duly noted." You thought to yourself, amused.

"S-sorry (Y/n)!!" He gave a deep bow as an apology. You laughed and before you could say that it was ok a big ball of goop was headed straight for your head. You ducked down before the ball could hit you. All of the blobmen were coming off the bridge and were oozing their way towards you.

"(Y/n) you don't have to apologize!" Said Genos bluntly as came up from his bow, misinterpreting your duck as a bow of apology. Another glob of goo was thrown in your direction. "THINK (Y/N!)" You thought urgently.

"Uh..GENOS YOU INSULT ME." You screamed at him. His eyes went wide with shock and he imminently bowed even deeper than before. The goop ball flew right where Genos's head was.

"PLEASE FORGIVE ME (Y/N!)" The cyborg shouted. You patted his back apologetically and quickly reassured him. By now Genos had seen that the glob monsters behind him. He turned around and took a wide stance in front of you with his arms spread. He was shielding you.

"(Y/N)!-" He said with urgency in his voice. He glanced at you from the corner of his black colored eyes. "-run!"

King Blobmon was oozing his way towards you two at full speed, sending balls of slime at wicked speeds. Th other Blobmon's minions started to ambush the demon cyborg. You knew that Genos was capable of handling this, after all, you managed to distract them yourself with sheer wits alone.

You didn't bother with a goodbye, you knew the faster you got out the better. You fled into the nearby trees that were lining the edges of the river. The monsters were too occupied with the S-Class hero to even notice you darting into the woods. Genos clamped his hands together and suddenly large missiles emerged from his arms. You were too far away to hear the cyborg teenager but you knew exactly what he was saying-

"Incinerate." You and Genos said in unison.

A huge blast of light lit up the dark night sky as hundreds of bullets and small missiles launched from Genos's arms. Each bullet hit their mark with sniper-like precision. The monsters were showered with bullets until nothing was left. Goop rained from the sky by the sheer force of the attack.

Genos looked back at you from the woods with a small, confident smile on his face. He got the chance to protect you. Surely this was what Saitama-sensei meant by winning your heart!!

You came out from the woods with relief. Your walk turned into a sprint, which then turned into a run. You lept into the air going in for a hug. Genos caught you and swung you around. He was still warm from firing the bullets. You burrowed your nose into Genos's black neck as he hugged you tightly into his body. You planted a quick, flirty kiss under his jaw and the cyborg shuddered with pleasure. You chuckled and peeled yourself away from him, he was still holding the small of your waist against his.

"You missed." Genos said matter-of-factly. You gave him a confused look.

"What?"

"You missed my lips-" He said in a serious tone of voice, "-let me show you where they are." Genos leaned in slowly for a kiss. When suddenly a large glop of slime from the sky landed right on top of the cyborg's head.

"PFFFFT! Oh my GOSH." You screamed, laughing hysterically. You broke away from the demon prince because you doubled over in laughter.

"Talk about timing. Oh my GOSH, GENOS, THAT WAS SO FUNNY." You said in between laughs. But Genos didn't say anything. You looked up, expecting Genos to be pouting but..he wasn't even there. Genos was being dragged away by his head by the small pile of goop that landed on his head. But suddenly, the little goop wasn't so little anymore. Other pieces of goop from around the area began to collectively merge into one.

A humongous figure loomed over you as all of the slime fused together. The newly formed slime monster was so large it blocked out the moon. The moonlight illuminated the monster's body and cast a sickly purple light over you. Your knees started to buckle at the new intimidating monster that stood in front of you.

A low chuckle came from the huge blobmon. "You can't defeat us!" It said, its voice sounded like all the blobmen talking in unison. "Just give up, and become our bride!" They cried lustfully.

Genos was struggling to get free but it was too difficult to fight. The slime monster was sucking him into it's chest. 

"(Y/N), RUN." He screamed. And with that said, Genos was sucked into the slime monster. It seemed like he tried to engage his power thrusters but they weren't working in the monster's slime body. His eye's pleaded with you to flee. 

Your fear suddenly left you. Genos's fear for you didn't make you scared. You knew in this moment that the person whom you loved was in danger. You felt a rush of adrenaline overcome your body. You were no longer glued in place, and you ran...

towards the mega slime monster.