Chapter 7: Transparent Conversational Space

Taiyou took a different path than the three sisters in order to go to school. Without thinking he instinctually ran away, as he was really, quite a shy/introverted person. Although all he did was look directly into their eyes as he called out their names, nevertheless, for Taiyou whom in the past has had minimal interactions with the opposite sex, it was too much for him to endure.

Furthermore, it was hard to return the girls feelings, when it happened so suddenly. Being liked was a pleasant thing, but, when they unconditionally turn their feelings of love towards him, somewhere in his heart he felt bad for the girls. The complexity of the matters combined with the fact that he was merely a young boy of 16 years, made it even more difficult.

And at the same time, the reason their affection increased, and the reason his mind was plagued by guilt was due to the status point....

Charm: 65535

Several days ago, the three Hayakawa twin sisters were merely his regular classmates, and the main drive and the timing as to why this kind of thing happened was way too coincidental, Taiyou thought that without a doubt it was because of that ability.

If he raised the value of the stat, to its highest level, through his own hard work, then as a person whom is crazy about levelling, he could confidently raise his chest and be proud of his achievements. However, this time it wasn't like that at all, because of a numerical bug called "overflow" the numbers went crazy............. in other words it was a result that was obtained through pure chance/accident/luck and was truly unfair/unjust. Because he did not feel he gained his ability through his own efforts, he could not willingly accept the advantages it provided.

Many years down the track, the person himself will look back at this event and think to himself, with a bitter smile:

"Why did I make such a fuss about such a small matter, if I think carefully I was so childish back then obsessing and being stubborn over things which have little meaning"

「.....Haaa」

Even so, for the Taiyou that was living in the current timeline it was an important matter. Enough for him to let out a frustrated sigh.

「Good morning Natsuno. Eh? You aren't playing a game? 」

「Oh it's you, Nakajima? Yeah, I have a lot going on.....」

As usual on his way to school, the overly buoyant Katsuki was walking side by side with him, and this made him let out another small sigh.

「What's wrong, somehow you don't seem to be well. Is it some sort of personal problem? 」

Nakajima wiggled his pinkie finger, and gave a mischievous/impish/roguish smile. "It was exactly because of that!" Taiyou almost wanted to blurt it out, but, the person known as Katsuki was someone who loved to gossip/tease/banter about love matters, he was a person known for such things and he didn't want the direction of the conversation to go that way. Knowing this fact Taiyou narrowly managed to suppress his outburst.

「No it's not what you are thinking, it's because my smart phone broke」

「By smart phone you mean the newest model phone that you just recently bought? 」

「Yeah」

「For reals? Let me see, let me see, did it have a crack on the screen that resembled a spider web? 」

「More than just a cracked screen, its closer to say it was grind to dust. Immediately after dropping it a car ran over it and crushed it to little pieces」

「Wow.......my condolences to you. Is that so, that's the reason you weren't playing games today huh」

「..........That's how it is」