Chapter 2: Smile

Lindsey here. Does this story make you as happy as it makes me? I love to be happy, I love to smile. Here's your goal for this week: be happy! Smile! Xx

*Liz's Perspective*

I wake up happy, comforted. I had a dream of Harry before I had met him, and it felt like this. Warm inside, despite the snowy outdoors. I was alone in my bed, but it felt like someone was holding me, which is how the dream ended.

That reminded me. Harry. I jolt into a sitting position. He is in the kitchen, shirtless, making breakfast. I sigh in relief. There were mussed blankets in the couch in the corner of my apartment. Kate and Phia were downstairs (seperate floors) and Vic upstairs. We'd all decided to move out, that Vic needed her own space, to regain her memories quietly, privately--despite our parents' loud and devastated rebukes.

Harry regularly spent the night at my apartment, Louis in Vic's, Liam's in Phia's, and Niall in Kate's. On separate couches, of course. Zayn stayed in the boys' old house on Hess road, Perrie staying with him. They're usually alone in the nights and evenings. I always make a point to actually talk to Perrie since I've always loved her and have been a big fan.

"Hey, you're up," Harry states as I sit in my bed, savoring the warm feeling. He sits down on the end and kisses me on the cheek. The warm feeling expands into something more like fire, engulfing my stomach.

"Hey."

"What do you want to do today?" Our lives have been gloriously uncluttered during my winter break with the exception of my indoor tennis lessons and applying for colleges.

"I don't know..."

"You know what? I think we should disrupt Zayn and Perrie. I haven't done that nearly enough lately. I've had distractions." I grin.

"You know I love to bug people, Harry."

He whips out his phone to text Zayn. "What are you telling him?"

"To meet us at the bar a little while away."

"The...bar?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"I'm eighteen. You're nineteen. That's a bar, brainless."

"But the other boys-"

I raise my eyebrow and glare at him. "Harry. Styles. I don't care who you are. You're nineteen. You are not going to a bar." Then, as an afterthought, "I'm not drinking in my entire life. I'm not going to even serve it at my wedding." Harry's eyebrows momentarily raise at the mention of the word 'wedding', but it was gone nearly immediately.

He lays back and sighs. "It'll save us money, then, I guess."

"Us?"

"I was hoping."

My light anger fades completely away. "So was I."

He has no idea how long I had hoped. "Now text Zayn back. We can meet him at a frozen yogurt store. The Frosty Llama."

He snorts. "That's a huge contrast."

"I chose it for a reason." He texts Zayn back with the changes and, with only a moments pause, he responds. I read over Harry's shoulder like he did with me;

From Zayn:

Okay, sounds great. Are you bringing Liz? Perrie says she'd love to talk with her and get to know her more.

What...Perrie...wanting...to...meet me...?

Harry answers that he will bring me, that kind of thing.