25) I think I killed him

Start from the beginning

    “I want some more pictures to drool over!”

    “Give him a kiss from me, Shay-Shay!”

    I gave up on them and just said, “Bye guys!” before hanging up on them.

    I looked up into the mirror and sighed once again. I looked like absolute crap, I wanted to hide myself in make-up, I didn't want to face Nate looking like this! I'd be lucky if he gave me a side-ways glance. I was just plain old me...there's was nothing that stood out like hey look at me! At least the wig had a long fringe which hid half of my face like curtains, that was plus I suppose.

    Dressed in another loose hoodie, dark jeans and trainers I grabbed my bag and made my way downstairs, making sure the hood was up to hide the wig so my parents didn't start giving me lectures on how I was too old to be dressing up anymore.

    I paused at the bottom of the stairs and could hear that the TV was on in the living room. Dad called my name out, he'd heard me creeping down the steps.

    “What?” I grumbled, swinging my head around the doorway. He was sat on the sofa, craning his neck around to look at me. I was shocked to see that my mother was with him, cuddled up on the couch at his side. I knew she had been given the day off for all of her over-time at work, but I didn't expect that she'd be spending it here.

    “Where're do you think you're going?” He said, peering over his reading glasses which were half-way down his nose.

    “Out? It's the weekend. I'm allowed to go out, aren't I?”

    “Well you are meant to be grounded.” My mother pitched in, her voice was like razor blades cutting through the air between us.

    “Not even that stopped me from going out. You should be lucky I'm using the front door for once.”

    Dad sighed, and tried to play the middle-man again. He smiled gently and said, “Why don't you come and watch a movie with us?”

    “No thanks.” I went to leave but he stopped me again.

    “Shayenne Hall!”

    What?

    “Your mother and I want you to-”

    “Let her do what she wants, Conor.” Mother cut in, sounding cold and uncaring. That hurt to hear more than all the other times that she had shouted at me, and cursed my name behind closed doors. More than being told that I was grounded for the rest of my life and that I was an ungrateful child. She really didn't care what I did.

    I saw Dad's face, his eyes closed as if he knew that it was the wrong thing for his wife to say at that moment in time. He knew that any chance of me sitting down with them as a family, dysfunctional as it was, no longer existed.

    “When will you be back?” He sighed.

    I shrugged. “I dunno. I have my phone with me if you need to ring me.” And with that I turned and left the house. Pushing all negative thoughts to the back of mind I ignored the dull aching feeling in my chest, and just walked mindlessly through the streets towards the skate-park.

    When I got there, I gingerly pushed open the gates and eyed out the crowd of people that had gathered to the right hand side of the park, near the benches and bins. I could see a few kids scattered, practicing jumps and tricks, but most of them were gathered in a circle like what people do in school when there was a fight going on. Little did I know, I was right. There was a fight going on.