25) I think I killed him

Chapter Twenty-five: I Think I Killed Him

    I lazily reached for the black wig that was sat collecting dust on my dresser and plonked it down on my head. With a sigh, I grabbed a couple of face wipes and began rubbing all the make-up from my skin, especially around my eyes to remove any trace of mascara and liner.

    The phone lit up beside me and began to vibrate. I pressed the green button and then put it on loud-speaker.

    “Hey, Liss. What's up?” I spoke louder than usual since I couldn't be bothered to actually pick my mobile up.

    “Wow, you sound...not in a good mood.” She said, I could even hear the frown in her tone, weird as it sounded.

    “And what's the worst thing to do when someone's not in a good mood?”

    “Tell them that they're not in a good mood?”

    “Bingo. So shut up about it, 'kay?”

    “Fine, Mrs Moody Guts.” She retorted playfully and I growled under my breath. Melissa then quickly changed the subject as I returned back to my transformation. “So what you doing? How did your date go yesterday, you didn't call me or answer your phone.”

    “The date was fine, I'll give you details later. Right now I'm getting ready to go and see Nate, I need to initiate a date with him, I'm running out of time.”

    “I see a pattern starting to form.” Melissa mused most thoughtfully. I didn't understand what she was talking about.

    “What?”

    “Dates seem to make you moody.”

    “What did I say Melissa?” I shouted.

    “Now, now Shay-Shay. Don't you raise your voice at us.” I heard a second voice scorning me on the other end of the line.

    “Is that Adam?” I asked.

    “Yeah,” Liss replied. “I'm round at his house with Ryan. We're having a lazy Sunday, watching movies with Dr Pepper and popcorn. Wish you were here, right?”

    I scoffed. “Please, you lost me at Ryan.”

    “Don't worry, baby-cakes. He loves you really.” Adam called out.

    “Of course he does! Can't resist my sexy ass, that's what it is.”

    I could hear both of them laughing, and start to tease Ryan claiming that he has a secret crush on me. I could just see him now. Not hard to imagine since there's only ever one kind of expression on his face. The whole world could be ending around him and Ryan would just stand there, looking dopey and dazed as he always did.

    “Right, well, I'll see you two tomorrow at school, okay? I've gotta go now.” I told them.

    “You going to see that hot bad-boy?” Adam asked.

    I nearly face-planted my dresser. He had to continue talking, why couldn't he just give me a simple goodbye and let me go! “Yes, Adam. I'm going to see Nate.”

    “Can you get some more pictures of him?” Melissa practically screamed.

    “No I can't. Liss that's weird. That really would make me a creepy stalker than I already am.”