twenty-eight.

...
And suddenly, it was the day of the ball.
Lily, Callie, Chaos and Phoenix refused to go class, making Jesse sit and get ready for the ball with them, which she was very apposed to, but eventually accepted it, and let them do her hair and makeup, as well as their own.
Jesse sat and read while the others did theirs, but a couple of hours before the end of the school day, they started on Jesse.
Callie curled Jesse's hair loosely, and styled it into a half updo, letting a few curly strands fall around her face, while Lily started on her makeup, doing a quite natural look, as they were going to be wearing masks pretty much the whole time.
After they were finished, Jesse stood up and walked to the bathroom, gazing at herself in the mirror.
"wow." she whispered, "I-I don't look like me, I look- nice."
"Jesse, you always look amazing." The other four chorused happily, smiling at her.
...
The girls all put on their dresses, and picked out their shoes and masks, putting them on.
lily, chaos, and Pheonix chose heels, but Callie and Jesse picked out flats, Callie's a light gold colour, and Jesse's black velvet, and tied with ribbons up her legs.
It was about half an hour to the ball, so they all sat and chatted, each sitting on a bed in Lily, Callie and Jesse's dorm.
Jesse hugged her pillow to her chest as they talked, smiling and laughing along with her friends but her mind set on her date.
Did she really like Sirius as more than a friend?
She'd had a crush on someone else for her whole time at Hogwarts, and now Sirius had come and admitted he liked her, and she was confused.
"Jesse?" Chaos' voice snapped her out of her thinking.
"Yeah?" She answers, glancing up at her friend who was now stood in front of her.
"You okay? It's time to go." Chaos said, and Jesse nodded, standing up, and slipping her mask on.
They all padded down to the great hall, where the boys met them.
Remus was the first there, dressed in a fitted suit and waistcoat, and engulfed Chaos in a massive bear hug, smiling down at her happily.
"You look beautiful." He intertwined their hands, and led her away to dance.
James turned up next, smiling up at all of us and complimenting us all, before leading lily away after kissing the top of Jesse's head, and saying, "Sirius is almost ready."
Callie's date turned up soon after that, so it was just Jesse and Pheonix left, sitting on the stairs and chatting quietly.
Pheonix's date, a fellow Hufflepuff, who looked adorable in black trousers, a white shirt with rolled sleeves, and a black waistcoat, soon turned up, and Pheonix left top, with a good luck and a hug to Jesse, so finally, just Jesse was waiting.
..
Half an hour in, Jesse was still sat on the stairs, bored and sad, until James joined her.
"Still not here?" James looked genuinely concerned.
"no." Jesse sighed, and James grabbed her hands and pulled her up.
"Well, have a dance with me, and I'll get Frank to go find him, cause Alice is dancing with her friends right now, and so is Lily." He said, pulling Jesse over to Frank and asking him to find Sirius, before heading straight into the crowd where music was pumping.
When they first got there, it was a kinda slow, bouncy song, so they kinda just danced, holding hands and spinning each other around, until suddenly "can you dance like a hippogriff came on, and they started bouncing around and having tons of fun.
James glanced over to where Frank had returned, and Frank gave him a thumbs up and a massive grin, and suddenly Sirius appeared at the top of the steps, so James let Jesse go dance with her friends, and he headed over to Sirius.
"What the hell dude, Jesse was so sad!" James punched Sirius in the shoulder.
"Ow!" Sirius held his shoulder. "I'm sorry! I was really nervous, and then I got called to see Dumbles on the way here."
"Well get over there, and apologise!" James pushed Sirius towards Jesse, who ran over to her, apologising and immediately getting a massive hug, which made James smile.
Cause forgive and forget, hey?
...
Okay.
So, I'm sorry I haven't updated in ages, and this is really short, but I really wanted to update for you guys, and I'll try to update again soon, I've just been super busy.
I don't know who I'm shipping at the moment, so I need your opinions on who Jesse should date.
Also, I'll try and include some of your characters soon.
Thank you so so much for bearing with me,
I love you guys,
xx
(also, if anyone wants to be friends, please message me!!))