three.

Jesse woke up in the morning after going to Hogwarts, and rolled out of bed, landing on the floor.

"Owwww." She whined, standing up and stretching, bones cracking as she did so.

She then walked over to her wardrobe, and pulled out a pair of denim shorts, a black "school sucks start a band" tank top and a pair of black canvas shoes, and brushed her dark brown hair, putting it up into a braid ponytail.
She then quickly grabbed her backpack, put her walkman and headphones, 10 pounds, a black sweater, and a couple of extra hair bands in it, before she left the room, and started skipping down the hall, humming.

------
Humming came from outside the great hall and Albus smiled as Jesse skipped in.

"I see you found your way, my dear." Albus chuckled.

"Uh huh." Jesse nodded, and smiled happily.

Albus gestured for Jesse to sit down, and some food appeared on the plate, and Jesse's eyes grew wide as she stood there, awed.

"After you have finished we'll go to Diagon Alley and get your school stuff." Albus said.

"Okay." Jesse nodded back, finishing up her breakfast.

"Ready?" He asked, holding out his arm, and once again Jesse nodded, before grabbing his arm as they apparated to Diagon Alley.

Jesse let go and ran ahead, taking all the sights in.

The Alley was full of people, and Albus called out to Jesse.

"Jesse, I want you to go to the book shop, and I'll meet you there."

Jesse nodded, and ran off towards the book shop.
Jesse walked into the Flourish and Blott's and looked around, before heading to the fiction section, where she ran (literally) into someone, causing her to fall over.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" The person exclaimed.

"No no no, it's okay it's totally my fault, i mean I was running, and I wasn't looking where I was going and I'm rambling now aren't I? Sorry I do that a lot when I'm nervous, I'm gonna shut up now sorry." Jesse rambled, before looking up into a pair of grey eyes.

"Don't, I want to hear that beautiful voice." The guy with black hair and grey eyes smirked.

"oh shut up grey eyes, I'm not gonna fall for you that easy." Jesse grinned back, standing up and pushing him slightly.

He looked slightly shocked, before he grinned a real grin, and held out his hand.

"Sirius Black, and I think we're gonna be friends." Sirius chuckled.

"Jesse Hughes, and I do too." Jesse smiled, and then they separated ways, and Jesse got herself a pile of new books and a pile of school books, and went to the counter.

The lady at the counter looked at the books before saying,
"That would be 19 galleons please."

Jesse looked at the women strangely "galleons?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

The lady looked back at Jesse just as strangely, until a teenage boy with black messy hair, hazel eyes and glasses walked up next to her.

"Muggleborn, huh?" He asked Jesse.

"Uh, um, I guess?" Jesse half asked, and the guy grinned at her.

"James Potter." He smiled, and passed the lady behind the counter 19 gold coins, and held out his hand.

Jesse shook it, and smiled back at him.

"Jesse Hughes." She said, as James picked up her books.
Jesse frowned at him.

"I'll probably have to get uncle Albus to pay for them."

James just shook his head, and walked out of the shop, Jesse following.
"I already payed for them." James told her, passing her the books as her eyes widened.

"You shouldn't have, I'll pay you back though, I promise." Jesse mumbled.

"Pinky promise." James joked.

"Pinky promise." The two teens hooked pinkies, and walked together, talking, joking and laughing until they saw Albus Dumbledore.

"Uncle Albus!" Jesse laughed, and walked up to Albus, pulling a shocked James along behind her.

"Uncle?" Albus chuckled, handing Jesse some money.

"Yeah, and thanks." Jesse smiled.

Albus watched as Jesse handed James 19 gold coins, and the teens hooked their pinkies together once more.

"I'll let you two get to know each other a bit, and I'll be back at about 2, okay Jesse?" Albus said seriously.

"Okay, and this is James, this is Albus Dumbledore, Albus, this is James Potter." Jesse introduced the two.

"One of Hogwart's best pranksters." Albus laughed, and said goodbye to Jesse, before apperating away.
...
The two teens walked together and bought their school stuff, until Sirius bounded over to them.
"I see my best friend and my new best friend have met." He grinned.

Jesse nodded, but James looked a little confused.
"New best friend? Have you two met?" He asked.

"I ran into him, literally." Jesse giggled.
James smiled, then he and Sirius linked arms with Jesse, and began skipping down the street.

"Who wants icecream?" Jesse laughed.