twenty-four.

I'm sorry! I'm so sucky at updating!
....
time skip to start of sixth year
"Jesse!" Jesse spun around as she heard her name being called.
She looked around, spinning her head wildly trying to find the person who called her.
Suddenly, she saw a hand waving wildly, and two tall guys began to head her way.
The one in front had wildly messy black hair and bright, mischievous hazel eyes and a lopsided smirk. The second had longer, well looked after black hair, stormy grey eyes (with the same mischievous look in them) and a matching smirk.
"Ah! Prongs! Padfoot! My old friends!" Jesse laughed, ducking behind her dark hair which had gotten longer, and a side fringe was swept over her left eye.
"Good to see you! You look great, by the way!" James chuckled, ruffling hair hair.
McGonagal had taken Jesse on a trip to Greece over the holidays, and Jesse's skin had burst into freckles, but she had also gotten taller, more comfortable in her body, and seemingly happier. Of course, James and Sirius were still at least a head taller than her.
"You don't look so bad yourself." Jesse laughed as the two boys squished her into a hug.
"Hi Sirius, you look great, Sirius, I missed you so much, Sirius." Sirius frowned from behind her. "Don't I get a greeting?" Sirius looked sad for five seconds, before bursting into a grin.
"We missed you so much!-" He carried on, swinging his arm over Jesse's shoulder, and James did the same on the other side, "-you should have been at James house! It was awesome, we played Quidditch, Dorea made pancakes..." Sirius rambled off into muttering about 'awesome pancakes', and the three hopped onto the train, heading straight for their carriage.
"Moony! My favourite furry friend, how have you been?" James ran over to Remus as soon as they got in, and flung himself into the seat next to his tall, sandy haired friend.
"Wormy! We missed you!" Sirius grinned, sitting next to his slightly smaller, but still taller than Jesse, friend. They started chatting, and suddenly, Jesse had a feeling of alone-ness wash over her.
"Uh- I'm just going to go to the bathroom." Jesse ran out, clutching her hands over her mouth.
"Is she okay?" Remus looked up, concerned for his small friend.
"I hope so, you know- she still gets nightmares and other trauma from the kidnapping, and her childhood." James spoke up, his usually mischievous eyes sparkling with concern.
"Do you want me to-"Sirius started, but Peter stood up, and headed towards the door.
"I'll check on her." He said quietly as he walked off.
...
"Jesse?" Peter knocked on the bathroom door as he heard sobbing inside.
"Jesse, are you okay? We are all really worried, please come out." Suddenly, the sobbing stopped and it went very quiet.
"Pete, I really appreciate you trying to help, but I can't come out. People will look at me. I can't cope with that." Jesse's small voice filtered out of the door.
"Jesse, I'll be there with you the whole way. I know what it's like, being anxious. It's okay. I'm here for you, and so are the guys." Peter spoke quietly, but surprisingly, a couple of seconds later a tear stained Jesse opened up the door and ran into his arms.
"Thanks, Wormy."
....
The marauders didn't speak about the incident, but they were all very- but not noticeably- careful about what they said around Jesse for the rest of the day.
She didn't seem to notice, but inside, she secretly loved the guys for being so nice to her.
...
"Lily!"
"Jesse!"
The two girls ran up and hugged each other, as they had become quite close over the few years they had known each other.
"How are you? I haven't seen you in ages!" Lily smiled at her slightly smaller friend.
"I'm brilliant! Did you have a good holiday?.."
The two girls chatted away as the walked to their dorm, smiling and laughing.
...
Jesse survived the first couple of days of her sixth year with pretty much no trouble.
Well, that was until she read the newspaper sitting on the Gryffindor table.
"Oh my god! There's been another death eater attack! And on an orphanage!" One of the third year girls squealed, tossing the paper away from her.
Jesse's eyes widened immediately and she reached out to grab the newspaper, bringing it up quickly to read.
"Death Eater Attack! Is this War?" The headline read.
Jesse's face paled as she read on.
"James Whites Orphanage was attacked by death eaters on Wednesday afternoon. Luckily, most of the orphans were at school at the time, but James White and two unnamed orphans are in Saint Mungos in a serious condition... more updates soon..."
Jesse looked and felt like she was going to vomit, and rushed out with her face paler than anybody had ever seen, and tears forming in her eyes...
...
Thank you guys so much for baring with me while I update very slowly.
I was supposed to update yesterday, but I thought the chapter wouldn't be long enough.
I will try and keep updating as quickly as I can, and if anyone has any ideas for this book, please make any suggestions! I appreciate it ☺️
urgh so much is going on in this year.. and I thought Jesse was going to have a good year.
Anyway, keep your chin up, princess. You don't want your tiara to fall 😌
xx