twenty-six.

Jesse sat for a long time, her face buried in books that the owner of the shop kept handing to her, along with cookies, hot chocolate, water and even pizza at lunch time.
The owner let her sleep in her corner for as long as she wanted, which was until she heard the door open on the second day and a voice call out to her.
"Jesse? It's Sirius. I wanted to come earlier but James said to give you space. We're all really worried about you."
Jesse's head popped out from above the bookshelf, and she smiled sadly at her friend.
"Thanks, Sirius. Thank you for caring." She said, then let out a sob and ran to him, pulling him into a massive hug, and he wrapped his arms around her.
"Do you want to come back to the hospital? Finn's woken up, and the nurse said Georgie could any minute." He smiled down at his smaller friend, who suddenly looked overjoyed, and started bouncing along.
"Really? C'mon, c'mon, let's go! hurry!"
.....
After Jesse was reunited with Finn, and Georgie had woken up, Dumbledore sent them back to Hogwarts, with the promise that James (from the orphanage) would wake up in about a week.
When James (Potter), Remus, Peter, Chaos, Marius, Ella, and Pheonix saw Jesse again, they couldn't get over how bubbly she was, and even more so, when in a week, she got a letter that said James (orphanage) had woken up and was fine.
She would practically skip around the halls, and when people sent mean comments to her, she just stuck her tongue out and kept walking.
She was so happy, that even when she tripped over in the great hall and half the school laughed, she wasn't fazed, she just took a bow and sat down, all while smiling.
She only stopped smiling when Dumbledore made an announcement.
"In a month, we will be holding a ball, for forth years and up."
She smile was only wiped off her face as she muttered, "Guess who's not going to get asked." before pointing to herself.
"Sure you will, J." James poked her side, causing her to let out a laugh of surprise, and her smile found it's way back onto her face.
Jesse looked around at the boys, to see Sirius looking troubled.
"What's up, Siri?" She asked, concerned.
"Well, you see, there's this girl, that I really want to ask, but I don't think she'll say yes." He frowned sadly.
"Why not, Siri? Who wouldn't want to go with you! You're awesome, Siriusly." Jesse said, giggling at her joke.
"Well this girl, she doesn't like me like that, she only thinks of me as a friend." Sirius said, chuckling slightly at Jesse's pun.
"Who is this! I must meet the girl who can resist your charm!" Jesse joked, ruffling Sirius's hair.
Sirius just sent a look across the table to James, who half frowned, before laughing along with Jesse, and eventually Sirius joined in.

...
Sorry it's so short, I just wanted to get a chapter up for you guys.
thanks for sticking with me and waiting for so long between chapters.
I'm going to keep writing once I've posted this, so hopefully there will be another chapter up today, or if not within the next couple of days.
thank youuu
xx