Chapter 11 - Lost

Baekhyun POV

We walked around the forest for a few hours but still cannot find my way out. I sighed. What are we going to do? The sky was getting dark and my legs were hurting. "Can we rest for a while?" I asked. Chanyeol nodded and we sat down, leaning against a tree.

"What are we going to do? I think we might be here all night." I was giving up in hope.

"I am sure we will find our way out. Stay positive!" Chanyeol comforted. How can he stay so positive.

"Alright then, let's get going!" I was kinda infected by his positiveness. But we were still lost and the sky darkened. I was starting to feel scared. Did I mention that I was very scared of the dark. I hated darkness.

As the sky darkened, I grabbed onto Chanyeol's arm. Woah, it was hard. I'm sure he worked out.

"Waeyo? Are you scared?" Chanyeol asked. I nodded my head. "I am really scared of darkness. I hate the dark."

"Don't worry. I protect you." Chanyeol said and smiled. I smiled back at him. We totally forgot about the awkwardness this morning.

At that moment, light flashed and was soon followed by thunder. I jumped and screamed. I immediately covered my ears with both hands and squatted down. Did I also tell you that I am scared of thunder. Yes,I am very timid.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I squatted down. "Yah, gwenchana?" Chanyeol asked concernedly. I didn't answer him.

"Are you scared of the thunder too?" He asked and I nodded. He smiled and comforted," I told you that I will protect you. So let's go and don't be afraid."

I nodded my head and stood up slowly. I was still quite scared since we were in the jungle and it was already dark. Wait, I suddenly remembered that we have a torchlight. "Chanyeol-ah, did you bring the torchlight?" I asked and he nodded. Yes, thank god.

Chanyeol turned it on and we continued to find our way out. Suddenly, I saw something flying in front and got a shock. I jumped and accidentally step on a branch before falling. "Ahh!" I screamed.

"Baekhyun-ah, gwenchana?" Chanyeol asked immediately. My ankle was stinging. I tried to stand up but it was hurting very badly.

"I- I think I sprained my ankle." I whined in pain.

"Climb onto my back, I'll carry you since you can't walk." Chanyeol offered.

"A-are you sure?" I asked unsurely.

"Yeah, come on." He said and bent down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me.

"Woah, you are really light!" Chanyeol said and I chuckled. Well, I always take note of my diet. Of course I am not telling anyone. Not even Kyungsoo and Xiumin.

As Chanyeol walked, I felt my heartbeat speeding up and my stomach felt weird. Why is this feeling coming back? I promised that I would not fall in love with him again. I have to control my feelings before it gets out of hand. I don't want to experience another heartbreak.

"Chanyeol! Baekhyun! Where are you guys?" I heard people shouting and the light of torchlights.

"Omo! We are saved!" Chanyeol cheered and I laughed.

"That means we don't have to spend the night here in this crappy place!" I also cheered.

"Here! We are here!" Chanyeol shouted trying to get their attention and I shouted along with him.

"Baekhyun! Gwenchana? Why is Chanyeol piggybacking you? Are you hurt?" Kyungsoo asked him the moment he saw us.

"Ne. I sprained my ankle. But don't worry too much." I assured him. Kyungsoo heaved a sigh of relief when he saw the both of us safe.

"Do you know how worried we were?" Xiumin pouted and I chuckled.

"Mianhe." I apologized.

"That's fine as long as you guys are safe." Sehun said.

"Yeah. Go wash up and rest. I believe you guys are already very tired." Kai said and we nodded.

Today is really a tiring day.