Recovery

I know what you're thinking. What the hell? Wasn't this story finished? Never to return?

The answer is yes.

But I decided that I'd give you all a gift in honor of my eighteenth birthday. So if death and pain is what you're looking for... happy birthday to us all!

-Jaz

~~~~

Recovery

"How do you think your recovery's going?"

"I don't like her."

"She has no place here."

"Course she doesn't. If she did-"

Words were cut off as Thalia smashed the bottle of beer she had been drinking on the ground. She glared at the two who had been speaking. "If you have a problem with me say it to my face. Don't be like a high school bitch."

Slowly they both turned to face her.

"Fine," said the guy who had been speaking. "Why the fuck are you here?"

"Is there somewhere else I should be?"

"Not in the Titans," interjected the girl.

"Why not? Is there a rule which says I can't be?" Thalia responded. She turned around slightly to look at the boy who was speaking to someone else across the compound. Even so she was sure he was listening. After a moment she turned back to her two interrogators and spoke. "I'm pretty sure the host vetted me. Is Nakamura's word not enough?"

"The problem is that his word is everything. But why would you of all people- your brother and boyfriend were both killed for the Titans your dad has a target on his back. Why would you be here?"

"I was on the loosing side of the battle once before. Why would I make that mistake again?" Once again Thalia glanced over to Nakamura who this time stared right back at her with a smirk. Thalia looked back at the two and suddenly grabbed the large gun which lay on the floor and stood up pointing at them. "Now would you rather die now or would you I prefer I kill you later?"

"Wait till later," Nakamura advised walking over. "We have places to rob no?"

"How do you think your recovery's going?"

"Alright five more laps cupcakes!"

A collective groan sounded through the gym at Coach Hedge's order, but even so students began to pick up the pace and continue their laps around the field. Will jogged out toward the front of the group hoping to be done as soon as possible. Soon as he was done he'd flop on the ground in satisfaction.

With that thought in mind Will started to pick up the pace until someone crashed into him.

Will hit the ground hard and rolled a few times with a groan.

"Shit! Are you okay?"

Will nodded and sat up slowly to look at who had crashed into him. "Yeah I'm alright, just bruises."

"I'm sorry man," the other boy said standing and offering Will a hand up. Will took it and felt something strange pressed onto his hand. Once standing he pulled his hand back and looked down at it.

When he did his breath quickened.

the world around him seemed to blur and voices seemed farther and farther away.

Breathing hurt.

Breathing felt impossible.

Then it went black.