America sucks

****TRIGGER WARNINGS: rape, violence, many tears coming

Guys.... this is how fucked up America is

Another example that I read was that an 19 year old white guy who molested an 8-year-old, filmed himself, AND PLEADED GUILTY got off free- no jail, no probation, no nothing

HE FUCKING SEXUALLY ASSAULTED A CHILD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

A black man who threw weed at a cop got 5 years in jail.

Five. Years. For throwing marijuana at a cop.

In Tulsa, Oklahoma, a black man pulled his car to the side of the road. He was looking for help.

The police approached- he had his hands up.

They shot him to death.

He did NOTHING.

N O T H I N G.

He had a family. He had kids, a wife, a job, and he lost all of that at the hands of an officer, a supposed "protector of peace". For no reason.

If he was white, would this have happened?

Of course not.

#BLACKLIVESMATTER. I can not emphasize it enough. Yes. All lives matter too. We never said they didn't.

But right now, the black people are the ones being killed, the ones being shot for calling for help, the ones who are losing.

THAT IS WHY WE ARE FOCUSING ON THEM.

And then there's the Brock Turner case.

This one isn't about race, but I need to cover it.

In case you didn't know, he was 19. He raped a drunk woman behind a dumpster and stuck foreign objects in her vagina, while she was unconscious.

Two men on bicycles saw him and tackled him, and the woman got taken to the hospital. She woke up the next morning without knowledge of what had happened.

Imagine being told that while you were asleep, a stranger, whose name you didn't know, had raped and violated you with no consent. Her body sustained damage, and needless to say, she was insanely traumatized.

In court the first time, Brock flat. Out. Lied. He said that she had given consent, that it was taken step by step. He said these things in front of her.

His estimated sentence was I think 14 years. His dad said it was unfair, that his Stanford life and swimming career would be ruined for "20 minutes of action".

Not ONCE did he consider the fact that it ruined HER life. She had to love with the emotional burden that this man had touched her without permission, and was now lying, without any modesty or regard for her life. The emotional burden that no matter what she said, they would find some way to not hold Brock accountable.

"It was the alcohol."

"Boys will be boys."

"She must have been dressed like a slit."

"What can you expect??"

NO. MEANS. NO.

The judge let him off easy, giving him 6 months. I repeat. SIX. MONTHS. He said that "jail would be too hard on him".

ISNT THE POINT OF JAIL TO BE HARD ON A PERSON???

He ended up serving three months.

THREE

MONTHS

For ruining a woman's life, PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY damaging her and violating her without her consent.

The entire situation makes me so mad and just... I lose hope in this country sometimes.

I suggest that you all read the letter that Brock's victim wrote to him. It's absolutely HEARTBREAKING.

I'm done with this country. And I'm currently in tears.

-Lea