ninth

Felix watched as Christian emptied a packet of hot chocolate mix into a mug. "Did she say this exact brand?" he probed, his eyes following Christian as he made his way to the thermos.

Christian nodded, grinning at the cup as he stirred its contents. Felix chuckled, "you look awfully love-sick, I'm disturbed."

"Shut up, bro," Christian shot back before ambling out of the kitchen. Glancing back at Felix, the blonde quickly flashed him a thumbs up.

He laughed, carefully carrying the mug in his hands as he headed for his bedroom. He found Alex furiously typing away with the screen looking completely foreign to him. "Here," he placed the mug beside her, prompting her to look up.

For a second she simply stared at the cup. Then she laughed, looking at Christian with a massive smile plastered across her face, "are you serious?"

"This is the correct one, right?" He questioned, despite the fact that he had specifically searched up that one particular brand and scoured all the supermarkets for it. Alex nodded, "I can't believe you remembered."

He chuckled, shrugging coolly, "you did explicitly say it was your favorite." At that, Alex felt her cheeks begin to flush. In truth she had only mentioned it once. Yet, he had noticed and even bothered to get her the exact one.

"Did you go out of your way to get this?" She asked, taking a sip of the warm goodness. Christian was quick to shake his head, "we had – some – in the, uh, kitchen."

Christian pursed his lips together to smile at her, hoping she couldn't see through his façade. "He actually went to a supermarket fifteen blocks down just to get it!"

The pair spun around in unison to find Felix leaning against the door-frame, smirking at them. Alex quickly stared at Christian, as if saying really?

He glared at Felix, who was already snickering as he scurried away. Turning back to Alex, he casually cleared his throat, "it was – on the way home."

Alex chuckled. "Well, thank you," she said, "and also, your computer is good to go."

She gestured to the computer, which was now displaying a perfectly normal screen. "Wow," he muttered, clearly impressed. She flashed him a smile before taking another sip of the hot chocolate.

"How did you do that?" He asked. "My dad used to teach Erik and I about all this computer-ish things, and I got a better hang of it than Erik," she explained, a conceited smug across her face.

Christian smiled as Alex stood up from the seat. "So I guess I'll be on my way then."

"Thank you so much," Christian uttered as he followed her out his room. She nodded, muttering a no problem as she headed for the door. "Actually," he suddenly said, prompting her to stop in her tracks, "do you want to stay for dinner?"

Alex gazed at him for a while, before a small smile crept up on her face. "I would, but my family's coming over tonight," she said. "How about next time?"

Christian found himself smiling at her, feeling his heart race in his chest. "Sure."

⦁⦁⦁

Her eyes darted around the house, finding her mother working in the kitchen. "Alexandra is that you?" She called, hearing the sound of the door closing.

"Yes," Alex replied, making a beeline for her room. "You're late. Don't you know your aunt is coming over tonight?" Greta rebuked, creasing her forehead as she watched her daughter amble into her room.

Alex exhaled deeply, "I know mom, I'm sorry." When it came to her aunt, it was always serious business. Greta's sister, Anne, was a highly respected political figure in her hometown. Massively respected.

Her husband, Pat, was a world-renowned surgeon. To add to that, one of her children was on the road to becoming an architect, while the other was flourishing in the field of law and order. A family of complete geniuses, was how Erik called them.

"Go get changed!" Greta yelled just as Alex shut her bedroom door. She plopped down onto her bed and fished out her phone. Unlocking it, she began scrolling for Lea's number.

"Alex?" Lea's voice filled her ears. Alex sighed, before running a hand through her hair. Lea, being her best friend, didn't need for her to speak to know something was up. "What's wrong?"

"I was at Christian's place today."

Lea paused, trying to recall who the owner of that name was. When she remembered, her eyes widened, "that kid, Christian? The one who has the recipe?"

Alex mumbled a yes before sighing again. Lea furrowed her eyebrows at the way she was acting, "you didn't do anything stupid did you?"

"It was right there, the recipe," she began, "and I really wanted to take it." Lea's mouth fell agape at that. She quickly yelled into the phone, "you didn't, did you?"

"No," Alex muttered, "I couldn't."

"Oh thank god. Because that would have been evil, and you're not evil."

Alex found herself chuckling. No, she could never have stolen it like that. But there was something else that had stopped her. Something new. Like the way she suddenly felt around Christian.

Thank you for reading! ❤

Also, I have a new story up featuring Borrusia Dortmund players called Lifeline ☺ Hope you guys could check it out! ❤