Chapter Two

"Wow! This is so cool!" you giggled, bringing your knees to your chest as you and Tia lounged on the hillside, watching the clouds.

"You've been missing out on a lot," Tia said from next to you. Her arms were spread open wide as she laid flat out on the green grass, soaking in the luscious sunlight. Today was a perfect day... Tia's wheel chair was discarded somewhere at the bottom of the hill, and you had helped her the whole way up the hill, but this was totally worth it. Little did you know what was going to happen later that day.

The darkness finally receded, leaving you lying down somewhere. You no longer felt the cold snow, nor did you feel your injuries. Had... had you died? You tried to move your fingers, but got a numb feeling throughout your entire self.

"Don't worry, Boss. She's gonna wake up," that familiar voice said, and his words echoed in your head.

So you were still alive. You... you hadn't died. You silently laid there, trying to show no signs of your consciousness. Where were you? You felt something soft beneath you, supporting your body- a couch or something. You closed your eyes when pain went through you faster than a lightning bolt. You willingly slipped back into sleep.

You heard a gasp next to you, and you looked over to see Tia turning pale, her hand over her chest. "T-tia...?" you asked nervously. She didn't reply, but let out a groan, clutching the front of her shirt in sudden and unexpected agony.

You sat up quickly, as you normally did after a nightmare. You felt tears stinging your eyes as you blinked, pulling your knees up to your chest. That wasn't like any nightmare before. These were memories. Nothing had changed.

"D-darn it... I shouldn't have fallen asleep..." you said to yourself. Your knuckles turned white as that shooting pain resumed, making you clench your fists. As soon as the pain went down, you looked up from where you were lying -on a worn old sofa- and noticed that skeleton sitting beside the sofa, watching you with wide eyes. His red pupils were the size of pinpricks, and you could see him shaking slightly.

"W-where am I?" you asked, and he took a breath, returning to a calmer state.

"You're at my house, kid," he replied without a trace of emotion.

"Why..." You were suspicious. You narrowed your eyes at this skeleton, and he chuckled softly.

"You never answered my question," he said, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his red and black jacket. "Where'd you get the gash on your stomach. It's really deep."

"I legitimately don't know," you reply, and look at your bandaged stomach and your slightly torn shirt, damaged from the fight earlier.

He scoffed, "Sure ya do, kid. I mean, you just can't not notice a huge rip in your flesh like that." He seemed to already be losing patience, baring his sharp teeth into a snarl.

"I probably got it from the void," you shrugged, not caring if he understood what you were saying or not. He looked confused, but slightly knowing, an odd combination of expressions. Not that you really cared- as soon as you were better you could just leave.

"So you travelled... through time...?" he asked, and you nodded.

"Not time itself, but different timelines, y'know," you said without thinking about your words.

"That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard," he said, and laughed at you. You felt your face grow bright red in embarrassment. I want to go to the void, you thought, willing yourself into the darkness, just to prove this guy wrong. But you did it without thinking about your wound. You felt that slicing feeling again, and you let out a yelp of pain.

"Oops..." you said, looking at the already-bloodied bandage. You cringed, and felt sick at the sight of your own blood. It began to seep through your shirt, and you sat up quickly.

The skeleton disappeared without a word, and suddenly re-appeared with a roll of bandages and other medical supplies. It almost seemed as if he was ready for this. The more you moved the worse the wound got. This wasn't... this wasn't good. You swallowed a hard breath and tried to direct your gaze somewhere else, but you couldn't. Your eyes were fixed on the very liquid that kept you alive, which was leaving you with every second you sat there in silent panic.

"Kid, calm down," the skeleton said, and he looked hesitant to touch you.

"Do... do you have a bathroom where I could clean this up...?" you asked warily, and he paused.

"This needs more than a Band-Aid, kid..." he said. "How'd it suddenly get worse like that...?" he muttered to himself.

"Aaaah oww..." you gasped as you mopped the blood off of yourself with a towel he handed you, and then held it to your waist and stopped the bleeding.

"I can probably just stitch this," you said, and then you felt relieved when you found your bag on the floor nearby. "Oh good!" you said to no one in particular, and pulled a needle from your bag. You accidentally split your arm open once, and you had watched a doctor stitch your arm. It wouldn't be so hard! You grabbed sutures ( I think that's what medical sting stuff they use for stitches is called ) from your bag, and felt utterly sick when the metallic scent of the blood finally met your senses.

"Stitch...?" he asked, and you nodded.

"It's like... sewing..." you chuckled dryly. "Except its so I don't die, heh."

"Uh nope," your new aquaintance says, and takes the needle away. "I'm taking you to a doctor. You can't do this yourself, you'll stab yourself or something, and I don't want to deal with that.

"What...? H-hey! No!" you said defiantly. You hated the doctor.

~time skip~

You came back from the doctors, not happy one bit. The skeleton had actually teleported you there, and forced you to get stitched up, along with receiving orders to stay as still as possible. He carried you with his magic, forcing you to lie still. He plopped you down on the couch, and you felt his magic cease.

"I hate you," you grumbled. You hated the smell of the hospital, and now you reeked of it. It was too sterile- with the confusing scent of some type of medicine.

"Be happy I took you there. You wouldn't have made it much longer," he said, rolling his eyes. His eyes fixed on your stomach, and he let out an impatient sigh.

"Since you won't tell me the truth," he said scornfully, "and since you're injured, I'm keeping you here for a while."

"W-what...?!" you shot straight up. "Pffft, nah I'm f-fine!" you stammer, and he smirks.

"You've lost enough blood already, you don't need to be sending it to your face, kid," skele-brat teased. You realized what he meant- you were blushing!

"Ughhhh I'm going to die here!" you groaned, jamming your head back into the couch painfully. You knew you were being rude, but hey, this guy pretty much killed you himself. You still couldn't believe he had the power to lift you straight off of the ground, and to catch you once he let you go.

"Quite the contrary~" he said in a evil, sing-song voice. "Just wait till Papyrus gets back. If you love me, you'll love him," Sans said, and began to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going...?" you asked half-nervously. You didn't really want to be left alone. If someone was here, you wouldn't feel so weak, so alone.

"What, kid, are you lonely or something...?" the shorty asked, and poked your arm. "You're going tibia fine."

"I didn't mean it like that!" you snapped, your voice pure lies. You were lonely.

"Fine, I guess I'll just go then," the skeleton shrugged, and walked out of the room, leaving you to your thoughts. You swore that you could hear his footsteps stop for a moment, like he was hesitating. But no- the steps soon continued- and you convinced yourself that it was only your imagination.