An Icy Fate

(edited)

A cry broke out in the middle of the night, echoing throughout every corner of the city. Flare jolted up in her bed, beads of sweat rolling down her face. With she crawled out to close the window that's been sending gusts of wind sweeping into her room. Oddly, she didn't feel any fatigue even though she'd slept for less than four hours and with a grunt, walked back to the bed and enveloped herself in between the sheets.

By morning she was shaking from head to toe, excitement slowly building up as she dressed in a T-shirt and jeans and rushed down the stairs nearly tripping on the tabby.

  "Careful there Flare, we don't want another trip to the hospital!" She heard on the way down.

  "Yeah, yeah." She replied.

Breakfast was the same as always, three pancakes with syrup, a glass of oh so mysterious fruit juice and a small bowl of fruits. At least I like it, she thought to herself as she wolfed down her food.

She was bouncing up and down during her first period English class.

  "Well since you're so full of energy young lady, go fetch me an apple from the county side. That should wear you down." Mr . Henry joked.

And the class giggled, her best friend, Emily elbowed her in the ribs.

"Hey if you don't want any extra homework then get a hold of yourself." She whispered into her ear.

That got her attention. Even though I'm an A student I still don't want any extra work. Flare forced herself to contain every bit of restless energy although it took a while.

The bell rang as Flare was dragged out of class and into the flow of students, as they exited the double doors she was suddenly shoved against a wall.

  "What the hell is wrong with you!" Emily exclaimed angrily. "So you tell me you slept for around four hours and it seems like you drank a gallon of coffee!"

  "I-" Flare tried to protest.

  "No, if you keep this act on I-I'll leave you. I can't let you ruin my reputation, now could I? " With that she stomped off leaving Flare speechless.

When she arrived at her house, she took off her shoes and ran up to her room. She paced around her room, periodically looking out of the window, I need to find out a way to burn off all this energy or else I'll lose my friend. With that in her mind she went through the rest of her day.

   "Flare, get up! " her mother yelled from the floor below.

Flare quickly hopped out of bed, and when she glanced in the mirror, a wave of fear washed over, trembling as she neared the mirror, Flare could see that her eyes had a ominous bright red tint in one iris, with a much darker red in the other. Sadly the obvious part of the wasn't her eyes it was her hair, the hair was starting to sprout red at the root. She looked completely different.

"Flare?"

Shoot.

She quickly got dressed, pulling a cap on before racing down the stairs. Finishing breakfast she nervously made her way to school fretting what would her peers would think of her, half the day went through unnoticed, which was to her likings.

   "Umm... hey Flare?" a voice chirped up beside her.

   "Oh hello Ryan, do you need help with your home work again?" Flare replied in a bored tone.

   "Say, what is up with your eyes?" Ryan questioned.

   "Umm... I'm wearing contact lenses"

   "Oh I've never knew you needed glasses."

   "It's an occasional thing, I mostly wear it at home."

With a nod he walked back to the other side of the room. Flare dismissed herself from her friends to go outside for a jog, while they laughed it off as a joke, who would possibly run in the middle of winter? Outside she felt free, free from all the students, the cramped hallways, and evidently wild, but wait, she shouldn't be having this feeling. She wondered, she felt like an animal? But that couldn't be possible, there is no way that it can be theoretically possible, Flare came to the conclusion that it's just a side effect of growth.

It's snowing pretty damn hard, thought Flare, as she lapped the field for the sixth time. At this rate I can join the cross country team. The run managed to keep her focus on school untill the end of the day.  On her walk home Flare suddenly gets grabbed by the collar and a bag yanked over her face, and was dragged into a car, she screamed but no one seemed close enough hear her.

When what she thought was around two hours had passed, one of the men spoke in a raspy voice, "Don't worry kid, just keep quiet and we'll sell you for a couple of grand, and you know what we do with that money? We bu-"

"Shit! The cops found us, j-just throw the girl out and run!" the second man cuts in.

The second he says it the door opens and Flare gets Chucked out on to a slope, she rolled and rolled then finally hit her head on the trees as she gives out a muffled grunt. The last thing she saw before blacking out was the bag and the cloth around her mouth burn to ashes.

Hello and welcome to the first chapter of Molten Fire! Give me feedback and I will happily improve there will be some swear words but not many. I will try to write as fast as possible but keep in mind that school may be a reason that I'm late.

I have terrible grammar sorry.

And yes it's very short I'll make it longer next chapter. (^_-)