Chapter 13: Just a Bit Awkward

By the time morning came I was still a bit tired, mostly because I kept my instincts alert throughout the night, but also because it required energy to heal my wing.

Which was now perfectly fixed, "Are you ready to set sail?" I asked Hiccup seeing as he was rubbing his eyes and messing with his metal leg.

"I believe so, wait so you're flying me back?" Hiccup asked looking a bit confused and if anything embarrassed.

"That is correct. Relax, just imagine that I'm, Toothless or something." I told him trying to calm him down, I had no idea how to deal with this situation.

"Berk!" Hiccup suddenly shouted with wide eyes making me feel confused.

"Uh, yes that's where we're going." I said no idea where Hiccup's train of thought was.

"When we get there! Are you going to, uh, change or stay as a dragon?" Hiccup asked looking anxious and worried even when I tilted my head to the side in thought.

"I...I believe that I will stay as a dragon until you can host a viking meeting..." I said trailing off wondering if that was okay with him.

Instant relief went over Hiccup's head and he nodded slowly, "That...sounds like a good plan for right now." Hiccup said slowly and when nothing else was said, started to watch as I slowly changed into my Light Fury form.

I shook out my limbs as soon as I was transformed and moved my ears toward Hiccup when he asked, "Does that hurt?" he looked like he had been studying me with great detail and if he had he had a pen for his notebook, would be writing things down in it.

I shook my head slowly, because truthfully it doesn't hurt. Either it's because I'm very adaptable, which is kinda true, or that I was granted it somehow.

Because let's face it, my bones are shifting and instead of fur and skin I get scales. That has got to hurt more than I feel.

"Huh." Hiccup said probably following my train of thought and awkwardly got onto my back, where a saddle was still in place somehow.

After shifting a few times and spreading my wings to get out the stiff joints, I hesitated for a moment before allowing my instincts to push myself into the air and start flapping.

There was a twinge of leftover pain over the patch of scale that had healed, but I knew I could fly for a long time as I started across the ocean paying attention to longitude and latitude.

I felt Hiccup shift on my back and felt him lay down the best he good. After making sure the ride was smooth, I twisted my head and looked back carefully to see that Hiccup had secured himself to the saddled and had fallen asleep.

Well that's what happens when you stay up for twenty-four hours.

For once missing the mortal music, I tried to remember old songs that I use to like to just sing and fill the empty silence that had fallen around me.

I remember a particular one that my Pine cone face cousin, Thalia had introduced me once...(Yes I'm writing the lyrics cause it's one of those days)

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk alone
I walk a...

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone