Chapter 11: Flying Boat?

Thanks a lot for 2000 followers guys! It means so much to me!

Guards came into the cell and before I could really react by blasting them, my mouth was clamped shut with more metal that was really digging into my mouth.

Reacting as a particular part of my gums got cut I roared and swung my tail around the tiny cell just missing Hiccup who ducked.

I gave him a sorry look but didn't really stop and check to make sure he was okay because as soon as my tail knocked down three of the heavy built men, four came after it and suddenly I couldn't move anything.

Someone's particular foot was resting on my mouth as I heard Hiccup shouting beside me, trying to break free and help me.

I felt sort of spears dig into my back after my legs were handcuffed and wings secured enough that I couldn't really move.

I was lead toward the upper boat and instantly perked as I felt other dragons before I saw them, Monstrous Nightmares, Deadly Nadders, even Gronckles were there, any dragon that wasn't small and had a lot of strength were all around.

Each and everyone of them had strong, metal around them that I assumed couldn't be broken by dragons fire or bite.

What made it worse was that I could feel their pain as if it were my own. The hopelessness, the desperation but too scared to act.

I felt my anger rise, but instead of showing it I just cooled my head and directed that anger into thinking of a plan, I needed to know what they were making us do first.

Suddenly ropes were being thrown over and under me too, the tightness under my belly made it very uncomfortable to breath, the rope hanging from my metal binding in my mouth also made it so I couldn't really move my head without getting either a rope burn or the digging of metal.

The only nice part was that the thing they were keeping my from being in flight was taken off but I still couldn't do anything as two men grabbed them together and lead me over toward the other dragon who were also bound to some part of the ship.

The two men got off my and before I could even think about what was really happening, a whip was sounded through the air, startling most dragons into taking flight.

Those who hadn't taken flight were actually whipped including me, I got the message quickly and took flight ignoring the small sharp pain that rippled through my hurt, and not that much healed wing.

Somehow, with so many dragons the ship became even more heavy. My back started to hurt just a bit as I carefully looked down.

To my shock the boat was starting to drip off of water, like it was lifting into the air. It all made so much more sense now as I hastily took my paws and tried to take off the metal.

It was hard but with a fellow close dragon near me, it slowly came off. Ruckus was below me as a plan had form.

My stomach felt tighter from the rope as if I was being dragged downward, which I probably was, but I ignored it and sent my strength into fighting despite my wing telling me no.

I felt my stomach ripple in the sense of power manifesting and opened my mouth. For the first time in what seemed like forever since I came to the past, I let loose a fire bolt.

The green swirling, power was sent straight toward the deck below me as I bellowed into the air catching all the dragons attention to also look down.

I could feel hope rising and quickly sent another firebolt to a dragon near my which knocked off his mouth guard. He roared into the air and quickly dived down and blasted at the deck setting ablaze to everything he could.

It was a pattern, I shoot a firebolt which seemed to be the only thing that could actually break the green metal around us and the dragons released would help the fellow dragon after taking off the chain metal tying them to the ship.

It wasn't until all the dragons were safe when I looked down, the tugging kept getting stronger as the more dragons got released. I could feel myself being pulled down and now that they were taken care of, I could take care of something I promised to protect.

Only I hadn't taken in account the fact that, with so many angry dragons the boat would quickly gather fire.

Without a second thought I dove into the water, the chain and rope that bonded me to the boat tightened ever so slightly every time I went deeper. It wasn't until I saw the bottom of the ocean that my heart raced and everything faded away.

Hiccup was sitting there, pulling at the chain on his real leg and looked like he was quickly losing strength and falling unconscious.

Just as I was about to grab him and book it, the metal recoiled and suddenly I was being dragged toward the surface.

Without realizing it, I opened my mouth, underwater, and shot at the chain and rope which quickly was pulled toward the surface.

Not caring that I could suddenly still breath underwater, I grabbed Hiccup and with my newfound, still there powers, blasted through the water ignoring some of the larger water creatures and instead found a small island.

By the time I came ashore, my wing was really hurting me and my stomach was bleeding from the metal along with my gums.

First priority was Hiccup though, so I sat him carefully down on the shore and with hesitation. Slowly changed into my mortal form and after a wince, gave him a blanket that I had for some reason transformed with.

Taking a sharp intake of breath as the pain really hit, I closed my eyes for a breath second and hobbled over toward the sea.

Cupping water in my hands, I slowly took a mouth full and just let it sit there in my mouth. The pain slowly disappeared and I spat the water back out trying to ignore the salt that might still remain in my mouth or the fading buring that came with healing from salt water.

My chest still hurt and I carefully peered into the water, instead of wearing a normal T-shirt and jeans or something more common, I had this sort of hoodie look but instead of cloth, bright white designs were acting like a lookalike hoodie.

Frowning, I pulled them back carefully to reveal that they were infact my wings, when i tried to shrink them I instantly found that I couldn't, my damaged wing had gotten worse enough that I couldn't do anything and trying to use salt water would just burn the cut instead of helping.

Now that, that was noted I slowly lifted my T-Shirt which was hidden beneath my folded wings and saw raw skin from exactly where the metal was.

Wincing as I touched it gently I figured the best of hope I had with these was to wait until Hiccup woke up, somehow explain that I could change between dragon and mortal, and then try and fly him back to Berk where I could really get patched up.

I just hope Hiccup knew some sort of first-aid because I knew zilch and flying with a hurt wing is a big no, no in my book.

Speaking of Hiccup, I saw him shake and try to tighten around the blanket as the sun was slowly going down under the hill, it seemed a fire was necessary and the small woods here will hopefully have enough to start a small fire, what am I talking about it's wood and I'm a dragon, of course I can start a fire easily.

With that thought in mind, I started toward my next goal and hoped hiccup doesn't wake up until then.