The Pill

"The Pill" he says, "Stops any fear from entering your mind, anyone who would like to try it text pop rock and we'll send you a free sample and if it works you get a million dollars!" 

The city is now in shreds. Fear-less people roam the streets and kill everyone in sight. I stay hidden with a group of people on the highest story of the mask building. There's eight people here and we live off of the food that the other eight people on the story below us collect. We stay hidden away in scilence. There's a boy my age here. He always cracks jokes and makes me laugh. He just wants us to all stay happy in times of fear. I have a small crush on him. We each sleep in tattered mounds of old clothing, blankets, pillows, and if you are lucky, cotton. My clothing is ripped at the knees and I lost an arm to the fearless. My mother, two kids,  and three more boys all one year older then me, live with us. The boys that are one year older then me always are eatheir hogging the only lookout or asking me random questions. But the boy my age stays silent when he's not cracking jokes and never goes to the lookout. He spends most of his time in the computer room, trying to build a transmitter to radio for help. He never lets anyone in his room but today he asks me if I want to see. I nod my head and follow him into the room. What I see shocks me. The room, 6 by 11, is mostly in a square tin of a box. 

"I made this room, so if they ever find us, we can hide and hide for days" he says and opens the door for me to walk in. Inside the box is a bed of blankets and pillows, a wall full of cans of food, some board games, a computer, and random items in boxes. I turn to him, almost afraid of the answer. 

"Do you go out and get this stuff?" I ask. He puts his arm around my shoulders. 

"I do......... but I only do it so we can live a long life" he says. I smile creeps into my face. 

"We?" I ask. Her takes his hands off of my shoulders and turns so we are facing each other. His face is red like a tomato and he is grinning very oddly. 

"I did it so we can live in these times of dread" he says and holds me around my waist. I look at him, his scarful body, his tasseled hair, his amazing smile. Then our faces smash together and gives me an incredible feeling of love. Then he pulls back from the kiss. 

"I did this for you"