"Then I'll tell you." She decided as Kiara took the last few steps towards her husband while he shoved his flat cap into the pocket of his coat like he always did. "Ada and Freddie Thorne were married today. They defied your orders. They haven't left the city."

Tommy took in a deep breath then removed his cigarette from his mouth and began pacing about the room for a few strides before stopping by a chair bending over to lean on it's back.

"I'll deal with it." Polly said as Kiara walked over to him, now understanding why Polly had been worried, and placed one hand on his left shoulder and used the other to rub up and down the same arm as his breathing deepened. "Thomas. I'll deal with it." Polly said again.

"Where are they?" He asked.

"Freddie's comrades have safe houses. Why do you want to know?"

"I want to send them flowers." He said sarcastically. "Why do you think?"

"Would it be so bad if they stayed?" Polly questioned.

"I promised I'd run Freddie out of town." Thomas explained in a hushed voice.

"Promised who?" Kiara asked curiously.

He stood up straight and then to the open doors into the betting shop where some workers were. Polly walked to the doors immediately and closed them. Once they were shut Tommy explained.

"I told the coppers Freddie wouldn't come back." He said. "It was part of the deal."

"What bloody deal?" Polly questioned, but Kiara realised it was part of the deal he made with the chief inspector, Mr Campbell. "What happened to family votes? What happened to meetings? If you let me deal with Ada and Freddie, it'll end in peace." She stated. "Christ knows you've had your fill of war."

Tommy looked at her for a little while before speaking once again. "You get Freddie out of town, Poll... or else I'll deal with it myself." He threatened before walking past her.

Polly glanced over to Kiara.

"He's angry... but he's always calm." Kiara stated. "It's why he's so good at thinking and he's not wrong... a communist in the family these days is bad for business and it draws more attention, especially a communist who's practically leading them around these parts. Freddie's stubborn... how do you intend to convince him to leave?"

"With money and boat tickets to New York."

"He also has a lot of pride... good luck getting him to agree." Kiara finished before following after her husband.

"Going out again?" She asked.

"Billy Kimber is due to pick up his suit for the races soon. I'm going to meet him there. Tell him about the Lees plan to rob the bookies in larger numbers than they have before. Prove that I'm not lying when I say I have connections. Then... then I'm going to buy the Garrison." He said casually, putting his flat cap back on.

"You're what?" Kiara asked.

"With more money coming in through the shop we need a legitimate business to pass it through. I'm going to talk to Harry. Arthur always used to say in France that when we got back to England he wanted to own a pub... well now he can. Harry will continue working there of course, but..."

"He loves that pub."

"He loves money more and recently he's been taking more and more time off... he's tired. You know how it works... the business. I want you to help Arthur."

"So first you didn't want me working there and now you want me to help run it?"

Tommy stepped forward and rested a hand on her waist before leaning down and bringing her in for a kiss. "Yes or no?" he whispered when he pulled back an inch.