Gone

This chapter is 7 years later from the last chapter and their new ages/how they look is all above ^.^

Vernon's p.o.v

I was in the living room hogging the T.V from my younger siblings like any other Saturday while mom was in the kitchen and dad in his office.

After finding out that most of their older kids were dating one another, and surprising taking it well, they always tried to keep track or just be completely noise all in my brothers business'. I'm guessing that's why each set of couples moves out at the appropriate age.

You see Dokyeom became a chef saying that he wanted to learn to make people smile as bright as his brothers did, and Jisoo became a veterinarian for his love of animals and hope of saving them.

Mingyu went into the makeup artistry business allowing Wonwoo to become a photographer. They created a photography business together and sometimes have to travel a lot.

Hoshi ended up being drafted to be in a famous stars music video but turned it down saying that his passion in doing what he did was teaching kids and watching them learn. That's how he ended up with a studio now. Jihoon on the other hand is still in college but works at a radio station while continuing to write songs here and there, I've even heard him sing at a while back a a coffee house when I snuck out.

They all seem to be doing pretty good for themselves. There all happy at least, unlike me.

Hearing my original adoptive brothers in the hospital room say they were dating my moms sons  really confused me. I mean If they had the courage to say that back then and not be told it was wrong.

But then again the youngest of my older brothers at that confession Time was Hoshi, being 14 and Woozi, being 12. Me? I was 10 and starting to think I developed feelings for boy I thought I hated? Hell I still sang the Spongebob theme song every time I played. But then again who didn't?

Now, looking over the years me and seungkwan have gotten closer, but maybe that's because our brothers left, we had no one to turn to. I mean Minghao or Jun nor Dino would know how to give us advice on the 'stuff' we talked about. They haven't even hit it yet.

Knowing that this show was doing nothing to distract my troubled mind I decided to head to the kitchen. I will say one thing, things have gotten a lot quieter since my older brothers left, I mean don't get me wrong my parents pay attention...just not to the oldest in the house now.

It's always about the youngest three, i mean I could take 20 dollars from my dad's wallet and the moment I say either one of the 'precious little ones' were hungry and I needed the money he would forget all about it.

Entering the kitchen I walk to the fridge grabbing a bottle of water, after taking a swig I faintly say 'hello' to my mom who faced the counter the entire time so I know he saw me enter, yet I got no reply.

Not even putting energy on getting mad about it I started to exit the way I came only to have Seungkwan stop me by entering. He held my wrist as a plea to stay and honestly who am I to say no to him?

"Hey mom I was wondering if maybe me and Vernon could go hang out with some friends from school..." I could tell how scared he was through how shaken his voice came out. It was like the poor boy was looking down the barrel of a gun with the question of who should pull the trigger.

Not getting any response I started to get angry. I understand giving the silent treatment to me for the times I've messed up but Seungkwan never did anything wrong. And that's when it clicked.