Chapter 18

*Laurance*

Me and Garroth walk down the sidewalks around town, me pointing out little shops and cafés that he would like. After a while, I look back at him, noticing his expression. His lips were stuck in a half smile and he was looking at me like I was an overly excited kid.

"Hey, whats that look for, hmmm?" I ask, poking him in the arm.

He rubs his arm and laughs softly. "Nothing, just watching you... you really like it here, huh?"

"Well, yeah. It's home." I look the other direction, feeling the need to avoid looking into his eyes for some reason. "Actually, I was from Meteli. Grew up there the first ten years of my life." I look back at him and smile.

"Hmm. Meteli? Never would have guessed. It's a pretty small town, right?"

"Yeah, actually, I'm kinda suprised you've heard of it. Not many people do, especially when they're from big cities like O'khasis." I nudge him in he arm.

"Heh, my dad made a lot of business trips around that area when I was young." He shrugs, looking down.

"Oh cool, what busi--  Oh! Cmon, you gotta see this bakery!" I grab his wrist, dragging him to one of the best bakeries in town.

He laughs, moving a bit faster, now walking beside me again. We walk into the bakery, the scent of cookies, cakes, and pastries being made evident in the air. I walk up to the counter and order quickly, taking the desserts the lady behind the counter hands me. I say a quick thank you and walk back over to Garroth, handing him  one of the pastries.

"What's this?" He looks at it like it's from another planet.

"Oh my gosh, you've never had a thunderbolt before? They don't have them in O'khasis?" I gasp. Poor Garroth.

He shakes his head. "Which brings back the question, what is it?"

"It's like, a chocolate dipped croissant filled with ice cream. It's amazing, try it." (This is a real thing it's pretty amazing)

"Alright then." He laughs and takes a bite. "Oh, mother of Enki that's actually really good." He covers his mouth, grinning.

"Told ya so." I smirk.

"Remind me to never doubt you when it comes to good food."

~°~°~°~

This is super short and I'm sorry, I plan on trying to start making these chapters longer.

Anywhozzles,I hope you all enjoyed!

Bye bye~ ♡